I haven't really looked for this until recently and having trouble getting a good option to consider;

I would like an email app that;
    1) Allows me to combine work email (BES) and internet email into a single inbox. Does such a thing exist?

When searching the numerous email apps out there none of them are really clear in their capability and I don't want to buy without knowing for sure.

2) Doesn't bog my device down or drain battery.

3) Doesn't slow down or complicate my primary email need (BES).

Any suggestions?
    11-11-09 08:21 AM
    I haven't really looked for this until recently and having trouble getting a good option to consider;

1) Allows me to combine work email (BES) and internet email into a single inbox. Does such a thing exist?

When searching the numerous email apps out there none of them are really clear in their capability and I don't want to buy without knowing for sure.

Any suggestions?
    Call me crazy, but on my Tour running OS 5.0.230 my "messages" inbox gives me both BES and BIS emails. I think it did that on OS 4.7.1.42 as well. I have my inboxes set to "theme controlled" but as far as I know, that only affects where your SMS/MMS goes. I don't have a separate icon for my BES account; it just all dumps in my "messages". My gmail and VZW BB email show up both in my messages inbox and in their respective "inboxes".
    11-11-09 12:19 PM

Any suggestions?
    This is the default behavior of every Blackberry I'm aware of. BES email will be combined with email from any email you have set up via BIS (and depending on your theme and personal preference, potentially your SMS messages as well) into the Messages folder. I suppose it could be different on Bell.
    11-11-09 12:34 PM
    You both are right. Thank you.

I made a very bad assumption that BIS was for devices not on a BES. I have been on my company BES for better than 5 years and never explored the BIS offered by my carrier.

I have been using a gmail launcher all these years. Doh!

Through my carrier BIS I set-up my gmail account and all works slick.

Thanks again.
    11-11-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD