Is there any sort of email app? I use aol email (dont want to change my email address after over 10 years) and I was hoping there is a way to get my email integrated on my BB Curve 3g. I do not have a Blackberry specific data plan so I guess this could be part of my issue according to a response I got when I asked about this in a different thread. On my old phone the email function was excellent with my aol mail so I gotta think they have some kind of program for BB too that would work well. Right now I have to open a browser and go to the webmail site to check it.

Please help if you got any suggestions.

Also does anyone know what a blackberry plan would cost from tmobile? They didnt even offer me that option and I really dont want to call and sit on hold for a half hour to find out.
    12-11-10 04:27 PM
    If you do not have a BlackBerry specific data plan there is no other way.

What kind of Data plan do you have now?
    With TMobile a BB Data plan should start around $15.

Once you get that, all the email will be automatically pushed to your phone, as well as your email box on your PC.
    12-11-10 04:32 PM
    The only way to get your AOL emails pushed to your device is by getting a BlackBerry data plan. Otherwise, you will have to visit the page using the browser.

If you are in the US, T-Mobile offers 2 different BlackBerry data plans. One is unlimited for $30/month, and the other is 200MB for $10/month.

BlackBerry 4G Web - Unlimited
    Harness the power of your BlackBerry to stay connected on the go with Web access. Search the mobile Web, send/receive personal e-mail, play online games, get directions, news, stock quotes, weather, sports, and more.

Includes:
    • Unlimited Web access
    • Unlimited personal e-mail

More details ›
    $30.00 per month

BlackBerry 4G Web - 200 MB
    Get 200 MB of the best of the Internet at your fingertips�access e-mail, social network sites, search your favorite web sites, and more. Service includes 200 MB of data with $0.10 per MB overage, and $40 total max monthly charge.
    More details ›
    $10.00 per month

Unsupported Browser
    Last edited by lak611; 12-11-10 at 04:37 PM. Reason: added link
    Fubaz likes this.
    12-11-10 04:34 PM
    $10.00 per month

Unsupported Browser
    From what I had read that to get the $10 charge you have to extend your contract.

T-Mobile also unveiled new tiered data plans and a new WiFi-sharing and tethering option for select smartphones. Customers with a smartphone will now be able to chose an affordable $10 plan that includes 250MB of data. This $10 plan requires a new two-year contract or a two-year contract extension. A contract-free option that offers 250MB for $15 will also be available.
    12-11-10 04:39 PM
    From what I had read that to get the $10 charge you have to extend your contract.
    That does make sense. I went to T-Mobile's website like if I was a new customer buying a new 9300.
    12-11-10 04:44 PM
    That does make sense. I went to T-Mobile's website like if I was a new customer buying a new 9300.
    Yes, and when buying a 9300 they intend for you to be on a contract.
    If the person has a device that isnt on contract they require a contract like i quoted in my previous post.

This is only going on info I obtained from intomobile, and by no way hold it 100% accurate.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-11-10 04:53 PM
    OK I actually went to their site and as soon as I clicked on manage services it gave me a popup that forced me to change my 200MB 4g plan to the 200MB 4g Blackberry plan. Same cost... works for me. I just figured the blackberry plan was more and didnt want to spend more considering I really only use internet at home or work where I am connected through wifi.

Out of curiousity the email will run through the wifi even though you have to have the data plan right?
    12-11-10 06:31 PM
    Im almost done getting everything straightened out and really liking the blackberry now. So much I ordered another for my wife
    12-11-10 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD