Thats right folks, at long last you can get a decent FREE messenger program for blackberrys, v.similar to jive talk, but at a price thats right. goto http://get.ebuddy.com/beta to try it now.
    06-04-08 08:09 AM
    Hmmm....wonder if this will work better than webmessenger...

Dm
    06-04-08 01:47 PM
    One plus that it has on jivetalk is the ability to group chat. Just might download it for that feature, but Jivetalk in my experience has been the least buggy and most user friendly of all the chat programs.
    06-04-08 01:58 PM
    Nope...doesn't work at all on my pearl 8130.
    Throws an exception error everytime.
    Tried installing it 3 times.
    Deleted.

Dm
    06-04-08 02:46 PM
    works for my blackberry 8130, but im on Verizon.

Overall program layout is fairly nice, but for ease and use Jivetalk still wins the battle.

Plus i tried conference chat and I was not able to successfully engage in a chat.
    06-04-08 02:59 PM
    I'll be curious to hear about this... I'm at a memory shortage, so I'm being judicious about my downloads....
    06-04-08 03:04 PM
    seems like a pretty cool app, but unfortunately even buggier than palringo. I apparently managed to typo my msn account password, and there appears to be no way to change that. the app seems to be designed for something with a larger screen than my pearl, as some stuff renders offscreen. either that or its just horribley programmed, as none of the dialogs have any "submit" or "ok" buttons, in fact no buttons at all! the only way to progress through the dialogs was to press the menu button and select "ok".
    and now that i have (incorrectly) set info for msn, once i cancel the error dialogs for the bad password, im left with a faily blank ui with something at the top inviting me to "click here to continue", but there is no cursor or any way to select it! the main body tells me to go to options to configure a service, but the only button that does anything is the menu button, and the only option it gives is "close" which exits the app.
    Now I know this is labeled as beta, but beta software is usually at least feature complete. with bugs maybe, but at least usable. this is not even alpha quality.
    06-04-08 04:31 PM
    Not a bad program, the main thing I like about JiveTalk over all these others though is the ability to distinguish mobile contacts from regular online contacts. I think JiveTalk is still the winner, hands down
    06-04-08 09:03 PM
    I cannot get the keyboard to stop thinking I am typing on a regular phone. It seems to not want to work with the Qwerty keyboard. Anyone else having this same problem?
    02-06-09 07:39 AM
    Not to thread crap...but this BETA is NOT the only decent free IM manager app.
    02-06-09 12:00 PM
    Is there another free IM app that will do facebook messenger? I haven't been able to find one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 02:14 PM
    Facebook doesn't refresh though, you have to log out and back in to refresh it. If it worked, it would be great.... but it doesn't!
    02-06-09 03:48 PM
    How did you downloaded ebuddy? I went to the address in the dirst post and apparently BB are not supported... At least I can't find it on the list!

I had ebuddy on my prev Sony Ericsson and it worked perfectly, FB chat as well.

08-17-09 07:22 AM
    i have the blackberry curve 8330m from uscellular, i can NOT download ebudy chat on my phone its not even on the list of phone brands. is there anyone that can help me out, i like ebuddy i use it on my computer all the time
    03-07-10 03:08 PM
    wap.shapeservices.com = IM+Lite-free

03-07-10 03:15 PM
    It appears we've gone BACK IN TIME!
    03-07-10 05:18 PM
    Thats right folks, at long last you can get a decent FREE messenger program for blackberrys, v.similar to jive talk, but at a price thats right. goto http://get.ebuddy.com/beta to try it now.
    Where u bn dude? Bn using this for a year now. Works fine for me one my Pearl :|

03-08-10 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD