Hi there, just wondering if anybody here can help me. I have recently moved to torch 9860 and thought this would be perfect for ebooks. But the problem is I cannot find any app that works properly. Been searching and looking around for a while with no joy. It seems all the good ones are for previous OS or for playbook... This lack of app issue is really starting to do my head in..
    12-05-11 09:32 AM
    The Kindle app is the best all round e-reader because it syncs your progress with other Kindle devices so you don't have to work out how far you've read. Although Amazon claim that OS7 devices aren't supported, the app works just fine, as long as you follow the steps in this post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...es-how-672338/

The only slightly irritating aspect of the app is that you will have to copy your books (which will have to be in mobi format) onto your BB manually using Windows Explorer (or the Mac equivalent) but it's not difficult and you can put them into the \kindle\ebooks directory on either your device memory or your SD card. Any Kindle books you have bought can easily be downloaded from the Cloud directly from your BB.

The best alternative is Mobipocket Reader, which you can download directly to your BB from m.mobipocket.com - pick the beta for the Storm/9500 and it supports touchscreen and will work fine on your OS7 device. It is actually more flexible than the Kindle app as it includes lots of different fonts and font sizes, while the Kindle app only has one font in six sizes. There is a desktop (PC only) Mobipocket companion programme which will keep your ebooks (again mobi only) in good order and sync them automatically to your BB if you want it to.

If your ebooks are all in epub format I'd personally advise converting them to mobi format using Calibre (free to download) as there isn't a good choice of epub readers for BB users.
    yos223 likes this.
    12-05-11 11:03 AM
    Thank you for the info. Very much appreciated. Will give them a try!
    12-06-11 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD