Can anyone suggest a ebook reader (besides mobipocket), and a place to get free e-books (spending money not a option atm)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 12:43 PM
    Wattpadreader wattpad.com I love this site and its books. Also, if you have os v. 4.5 you have docs to go. You can copy txt to docs. And read them via docs to go. I love it!

01-11-09 04:36 PM
    Nice...I love it Great find. and when I close the app it actually closes (unlike mobipocket).

Thank you so much.
    01-11-09 10:00 PM
    No problem. Glad I could help.

01-11-09 10:01 PM
    Just a quick tip for mobipocket - to completely close the app hit [shift] [Q].

01-12-09 10:23 AM
    I agree with chelseytx. I downloaded wattpad a couple of weeks ago myself. I am a fairly new BB user and this app was amazingly easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone. They also have a huge assortment of free books to choose from.

01-12-09 10:50 AM
    I cannot believe I just found this app. It even has the book I've been looking for "The Science of Getting Rich". And it's free. Even better. Thank you so much chelsey. I love to read and to have this on my BB is the greatest thing for me. The other thing is slacker. I'm falling more in love with my BB everyday. It just keeps getting better here in CB. Thanks to all
    01-12-09 07:40 PM
    Lol np I know the feeling. I am a book junky too and I hate libraries. I try not to buy books because it gets hideously expensive. And I read so fast that I can have a 400 pg book done in 3 or 4 hours I try to get as many as I can via the web

Last edited by chelseytx; 01-12-09 at 10:46 PM.
    01-12-09 07:46 PM
    Lol np I know the feeling. I am a book junk to and I hate library's. I try not to buy books because it gets hideously expensive. And I read so fast that I can have a 400 pg book done in 3 or 4 hours I try to get as many as I can via the web

How can you read those tiny tiny letters so fast?
    My eyes hurt with the NY Times on line
    01-12-09 10:11 PM
    You can change the font size in settings

01-12-09 10:13 PM
    How can you read those tiny tiny letters so fast?
    My eyes hurt with the NY Times on line

lol i got used to it... i never read until 6th grade when we had to start doing reading logs during class everyday. my teacher finally pulled me a side and said that she saw that i had a different book everyday and that she wanted me to stick with the same book for a week or so... i told her " fine - you keep the book in class then!" she wanted to know why and i told her because i ended up finishing the book by the time i went to bed that night lol. nuff said - she didnt say anything else when i continued to have a different book everyday.

my record is 21 books in a week. that was during summer break and pretty much nonstop reading other than sleeping.
    01-12-09 10:50 PM
    Thanks

01-12-09 11:05 PM
    I love that this app has books in other languages. I have been searching everywhere for language books on the go....
    01-13-09 01:16 AM
    Wattpad looks like a great app, but it doesn't work very well with the Storm. I can kinda move around using the qwerty or suretype keyboards, but it's very awkward. Hopefully they will come out with an update for Storm users soon.
    01-13-09 06:25 AM
    I would use mobipocket, but it has issues with my firewall which must be on otherwise my alarm app won't play my alarms on my sd card. My only complaint with wattpad is the lack of a table of contents feature. that would make going to a particular section of the constitution a whole lot eaiser.
    01-13-09 09:29 AM
    Is there a reader that does text to speech. I would love to listen to books (like books on tape).
    01-14-09 01:59 PM
    Thanks so much for letting us know about this app - This is great and I love the auto scroll feature!!
    01-14-09 02:38 PM
    Is there settings that need to change?? I have an 8320 and It brings the app up then when I put a code in to get the book it just keeps trying to load it. Am I doing something wrong??
    Thanks
    Angi
    01-15-09 10:38 AM
    i have never had that problem try searching for the book via the internet, not the number.
    01-15-09 11:48 AM
    How do you do that? Off their website? Please help
    Angi

01-15-09 12:28 PM
    Can Someone help me? I can not get this app to work!!! Itoads then when I pick a book it just keeps searching!!

01-15-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD