I just updated to the 5.0 version for my Blackberry 8520. First time I've ever done such a thing and it seems to be great other than the facebook/email issue.

Whenever I get updates on facebook it sends my email (just the one on the phone, not when I log in from the computer) a notice as well. I prefer that they were separate like before.

I've tried to trouble shoot by going to facebook on my blackberry and turning off all facebook email notifications however i get an error message regarding notifications and to try again later. Its been doing that all day. I went on facebook and I don't even have anything checked on my SMS for notifications. My phone isn't even registered (it says with texts to register, I don't want any more redundant notices if I can help it) with facebook.

Any suggestions?

Thank you to all those who contribute, I felt severely overwhelmed when I first got this phone and it's becoming much better!
    09-13-10 01:07 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Let me see if I got I right. You get a FB app notification and a FB EMAIL notification, but you've been looking at SMS settings to make it stop?

I'd go to the facebook site on a PC and see if I could prevent FB from sending emails. If that's not possible, set a filter (either on the email or in BIS) to make FB email skip the inbox.
    09-13-10 01:20 PM
    that's right, I did go to facebook and I have everything set to off for the mobile.

I don't get the email in my inbox on my PC, I only get it in the inbox on my phone.
    09-13-10 01:39 PM
    Any suggestions??
    09-13-10 04:54 PM
    I have exactly the same problem and it's infuriating. You should be able to set the behavior on the PC, but it doesn't seem to affect the BB. And I get the error message too to "try again later". What's worse is that I don't get any notifications in my regular (PC-based) email account.
    09-17-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD