If you are looking for a Blackberry version of Scrabble, DON'T be tempted by the Scrabble game from eamobile (available by following IPhone link at the top of the Facebook Scrabble screen, which takes you to a list of Blackberry-compatible games--Ha!). I tried it on my Storm. This game is total garbage. There are so many things wrong with it, it's unplayable. I'm embarrassed I spent $9.95 for it.
    04-11-09 09:29 AM
    If you are looking for a Blackberry version of Scrabble, DON'T be tempted by the Scrabble game from eamobile (available by following IPhone link at the top of the Facebook Scrabble screen, which takes you to a list of Blackberry-compatible games--Ha!). I tried it on my Storm. This game is total garbage. There are so many things wrong with it, it's unplayable. I'm embarrassed I spent $9.95 for it.
    So many things wrong with it? Like what?
    04-11-09 10:32 AM
    Did you contact EA? How did they respond?
    04-11-09 11:33 AM
    That's not a review. I'm a huge Scrabble fan. I appreciate the warning but I'd like to know what the problems are.
    04-11-09 11:34 AM
    I bought it today and am frustrated.

You are supposed to be able to select a spot where you want your letter to be placed but the stupid thing keeps moving all around the screen. Also, then when you try to choose a letter, it keeps selecting the wrong one.

You keep pressing and pressing the screen but nothing happens until it's the wrong action and you have to keep trying to get back to what you had previously.
    04-13-09 06:57 PM
    I have it for my Pearl and it's pretty good. In my opinion it's not worth the $10 but it's doable. I am a scrabble finatic and there are no other scrabble games out there at least that I have seen. The problem I am not liking is that it doesn't verify words longer than 3 letters. It's ok if you're playing against the computer and you know that you have the correct words but if you're playing against someone else then you have to either have a dictionary of just trust that person is correct. And because it's on my Pearl, the screen is tiny and can be annoying I guess for some. But all in all...I do use it often but IMO it really should of only been in the $5 or less group.
    04-13-09 08:47 PM
    Teensy-tiny squares, too small to click. Cumbersome procedures for playing a word. No way to undo anything (e.g., if you meant to play an "e" but the game plays a "t" instead (it almost never does what you intend), you can't take it off and try again...often leaving an unplayable combination on the board. Then it tells you it's an invalid word, and you're stuck in a loop.
    04-14-09 02:11 PM
    On the Pearl...if you place a letter and want to return it you have to highlight the square or letter and hit the select again.
    04-14-09 08:56 PM
    On the Storm, if you get a "free" tile, how do you change what letter it represents? I have the <a> but I don't know how to change the letter.
    04-15-09 08:32 PM
    Roll the track ball sideways until you are your letter then push to select it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 11:41 PM
    I think the game is fine for the Blackberry models it is programmed for. EA states that it is not for the Storm and if you do a little research you sill see that it just flat out does not work on the Storm. I know this because I was wanting to get it on my Storm so we could play iPhone to Storm, but then I saw that it didn't work on the Storm. Anyway, I think rather than complaining about something that is really your mistake, maybe you should write to EA and ask them to update it so it IS compatible with the Storm. If nothing else maybe you can get a refund if you explain the mistake? Worth trying.
    04-18-09 12:19 AM
    Are ANY of the EA mobile games worth the money? In my experience with my pre-BB mobile devices, they haven't been, so I'm just wondering if they've gotten better in the last year or so.
    04-19-09 10:08 PM
    My friendly IT department just wiped my EA Scrabble game, which was GREAT on my Pearl 8100 (except for the dictionary's lack of "offensive" words). So I just repurchased it from Handmark, and this version sucks. Words over five characters are not validated, and the game just looks less sophisticated than my prior version.
    04-20-09 03:32 PM
    Lol. Well 5 letters is better than 3. That's the worse thing about the EA version. No words over 3 letters get validated. Not a challenge if you ask me. But when I'm bored out of my mind it does the job.

04-21-09 02:57 AM
    The validation part of the program isn't really a big deal really, when you consider the original board game validated nothing.
    04-21-09 11:09 AM
    Right. Never thought of it that way.

04-28-09 09:14 PM
    The inability to verify words longer than three letters isn't a problem in and of itself, the game asks if you want to go ahead and play the word and then accepts it. If you are playing some one else, this is merely an annoyance. The problem is that when you are playing the computer it doesn't play words longer than three letters, so the board is jammed up with few or no places to make your word. If I had friends to play with it would be OK, but playing with myself to pass time isn't very satisfying.

Just about the only thing I have to pass the time at work is my job!
    Last edited by FatherZen; 05-07-09 at 10:02 PM.
    05-07-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD