I would like to ask the forum what have been your solutions for an E-reader app. Kindle doesn't currently support the 9930. I'm having to use my old 9700 to be able to read my Kindle books. With the Kobo Reader I'm finding that although there is a "font" button on the menu, it is non-functional on my 9930. Kobo support seems to think that the 9930 is supported. It's fine, despite the non-functioning font button if you're able to read the incredibly small default font. I've exchanged about five e-mails with Kobo's technical support staff with no acknowldgement on Kobo's end that there is a problem. Barnes &Noble currently does not support the 9930. My old app allowed me to purchase a book and then the app told me that my 9930 was not supported when I went to download the book I just purchased. Frustrating. So far, the only functioning reader I have is from Mobipocket which, in my opinion, is the best one out there for BlackBerry, hands down, at least from the e-readers I know about and have used. Yes, they are a bit more pricey than Kindle, but they allow you to customize backgrounds and font colors, and it seems to be the only one i can find that supports the 9930 I purchased recently from Verizon. Does anybody know of any other functional e-readers for the 9930? It's frustrating not to be able use the readers which worked fine on my 9700 and I don't get the impression that anybody out there is going to any great degree of trouble to accomodate the new OS7. Does anybody have any suggestions as to a good e-reader? I like Mobipocket but their choices in books are limited. Has anybody had any success in dealing with the Kobo Reader support staff or heard of any upcoming Kindle apps for the 9930? I assume when I say 9930 that the 9900 and the 9930 would both be able to run the same e-reader apps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 01:08 PM
    Ok, so this is wierd answering my own post, but maybe this will help somebody else out in the process. I tried e-reader tonight. I downloaded the app, purchased a book and then downloaded the book. I had no problems with the reader. I still hope Kindle comes up with a new one for the 9000/9930 as I have a lot of books with them. I still highly recommend Mobipocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 10:08 PM
    I am having the same issue you have.
    I have a 9930 from Verizon.
    I downloaded Kobo, but I can't get it to do anything. I've deleted it and I've re-installed it. Every selection I make says, "this action can not be completed, please try again later."

I have not heard of mobi pocket. Let me go look for that.
    Also you mentioned "ereader", is that the full name?
    02-01-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD