I was browsing Handango today and it looks like they are selling emobile Today Professional for $17.97 which is 40% off. Seems like a pretty good deal. The code is TODAYPRO40

Handango - Software for mobile devices
    01-22-10 11:25 AM
    That is a great deal!! I bought the app (and 5 others) at full price (no regrets)
    and at that price I hope they move a lot of units.

Thank you for finding and posting this.
    01-22-10 11:31 AM
    Anyone know whether there is a trial version? I could not find it on their page.
    And what do you think about the Download Protection?
    01-22-10 12:35 PM
    Just got my email from Handango and was going to post this.

It IS a great deal! I got mine at 25% off, 40 off is a rare sale!
    I do like the 5.0 version better (pd for the upgrade), but task layout has bugged me all along.

I actually found a separate app for tasks that I like so much better, I'm willing to pay for it (have a mobihand coupon code from here). It's SlickTasks, it's in the CB store as well. NICE task management app! I'm about at the end of my 7 day trial, don't think it will import from native BB task software, but I never use that anyway. Able to backup via DM.

Anyway, anyone waiting for e-mobile snag it now, that's about the lowest price I've seen on it so far!
    01-22-10 12:38 PM
    Anyone know whether there is a trial version? I could not find it on their page.
    And what do you think about the Download Protection?
    That's the only downside, e-mobile does not offer a trial. Can't figure out why, so it's just a leap of faith. (They do say they will gladly issue refunds, no questions, but I've seen a couple peeps mention that's not as easy to get as it sounds.) But I've had zero problems with e-mobile, got several major upgrades free over a year, paid a nominal fee for the 5.0 jump, but I use it heavily so wanted it and was willing to pay.

But if you're looking for a PIM software app that has more of a palm/windows feel, I've done trials on all of the big/popular ones and this is my favorite by far.
    01-22-10 12:41 PM
    What about the Weather add-on? Anyone know whether it works on WiFi?
    01-22-10 01:15 PM
    I found it just a pretty app, but personally a waste of time and money and deleted it, plus it drained my battery flat..
    01-23-10 04:08 AM
    I've not noticed any dramatic battery drain, but then I charge my Tour every night regardless. I won't doubt that it could happen, especially if a lot of other apps are installed. e-mobile is a big app. I find it handy to have everything at a glance. Glimpse of SMS, emails, missed calls, appts all on one screen.

I have the weather add-on, don't have wi-fi on the Tour.
    Weather does stay updated, tho, is refreshing at a good rate. (Doesn't impact my cell bill, either.) One thing I noticed when I upgraded to e-mobile 5.0 with weather is that I can't click on it and immediately get to next screen w/detailed forecast (4.xx did that). Perhaps because weather ext version has not changed while main program has upgraded? I have to highlight weather bar, hit Menu>Detail now. I only use it for at-a-glance anyway.

Probably my own quirk, but I find myself checking weather elsewhere more often than not. Don't ask me why, cuz w/e-mobile it's right there in front of me. It's OK for a snapshot on the main screen. But when I go to Details screen it only gives detailed forecast for current day. Remaining 6 days on weather screen are high/lo temps and generic "partly sunny" forecast. I like more details for several days ahead on the same screen, so find I'm often either accessing my accuweather book mark or using BeWeather (formerly BerryWeather) free edition. If I were purchasing new, I'd put the $5 toward a weather app like BerryWeather (or get it on sale) and skip the weather extension with e-mobile.
    01-23-10 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD