The new version 5 is out and if I was you, I'd save my money. Don't be like me and spend the money to find out you just got disappointed.

It works and looks pretty, but the function just isn't there. All you can do is look up a contact and interact with the contact, read email, task and calendar. If you want to open another program on your berry, you have to leave e-Mobile and go back to your regular home screen. Pretty lame. If you want weather, well that will be another $17 smackaroos.

I'll trade my copy for something useful, but of course you'll be getting the short end of the stick, but if you just can't stand it and want to see how it is, then let's trade.

This will be the last time I purchase from e-Mobile unless they start offering trail versions. I've just been too disappointed with their product and I just don't think they get it. At best this program is worth maybe $5 and then you'd still be disappointed, but not out as much money so not too disappointed.
    01-15-10 09:56 PM
    hate to say this but i have to agree with you......the biggest deal breaker for me was not being able to access 3 rd party applications for e-mobile.....like you said ,you would have to exit out of the programme.....i paid $29.95 for mine and prob feel worse than you lol.....the day i bought it the same day i deleted it and havnt used it since......i have the tour version.....anyone wants to trade PM me too!!!....thanks
    01-15-10 10:06 PM
    I agree with you all on all of the above
    01-16-10 10:17 AM
    I purchased e-Mobile Prof Today on the Deal of the Day. Memory Hog and Battery drainer. Don't waste your $$$$. You can have mine for free. I'll even give you BerryWeather for same reasons. PM me and you can have it. Maybe even small trade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 10:29 AM
    id like to try it even though everyone hates it. if anyone is willing ot part with their emobile send me a pm! thanks!
    01-16-10 11:25 AM
    id like to try it even though everyone hates it. if anyone is willing ot part with their emobile send me a pm! thanks!
    I'd be willing to send mine to you, but I believe it's tied to my PIN. Hopefully we have portrayed the program correctly so that you get an idea of what you would be going through.

The thing that sticks out more than anything is that they would charge so much for a program that has so little to offer. Like I said in my earlier email, the program works, that's not the problem, I just don't think e-Mobile gets the Blackberry and how people use their Blackberrys. It's a huge mistake to leave out anyway to access your third party programs without having to actually leave e-Mobile Today, not sure what they were thinking there.

It's pretty and has potential, but it's not there yet. Maybe e-Mobile will reach out to us and ask what we think so they can start programming in some functionality that would make the program worth at least $10. My guess they come from the Windoze Mobile world where you pay through the nose for Windoze programs that offer little functionality. They need to understand that up here in Berry World, any program above $10 had better bring it and bring it hard or else you won't survive. I wonder how sales is doing?
    01-18-10 01:57 PM
    Well, it does allow you to assign many 3rd party apps to a hotkey. And one of the hotkeys can be assigned to the home screen which takes you right out of emobile today and right back to your normal home screen.

For what it's worth, just thought I'd throw that nugget of info in there. However, I'm not sure how that all would work on a touch screen device. ?

I do think it lacks the functionality of say, PocketDay Pro. I switch back and forth between them and I think............think.........I've settled back to PocketDay now that you can use your own pics for background images.
    Last edited by LeeJuly4; 01-18-10 at 02:17 PM.
    01-18-10 02:03 PM
    ...at least I'm not the only one lol it looks pretty but that's about it, I got it for half price but even so I got more satisfaction out of theme
    01-18-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD