I personally use my Blackberry to keep me organized during a hectic week. I've been using E-Mobile Today Professional on my Bold for the past 2 months and I decided to try PocketDay Professional. Both of these apps have been recently updated and I am using the newest versions on my Bold.
    They both perform similar functions but do them differently.

The home Screen on E-Mobile is very simple and the wallpaper can be customized to your own or one that is included:

Home Screen on Pocket Day is much more intricate and is also customizable but you only have the option of solid black or solid white background:

Expanded:

As you can see above, the home page on PD is quite long (and each item can be expanded or reduced) and has plenty of options.

The home screen on E-Mobile is much more simple and each item can be expanded. Below are the expanded items that you get when you "click" on them:
    Stocks:

Weather:

So I like the looks of E-Mobile much better. However, PD offers more options and their weather option also has radar.
    PD also offers more options to customize the look of the app, as you can change the text size, font, and choose from an array of text colors and can also choose different colors for different functions. E-Mobile only has two text sizes, no font options, and only black or white text color but I really like that you can add your own wallpaper.
    They both offer a nice daily calendar on the home page, both have missed calls, e-mails, and texts. (They also both offer task management but I do not use this feature.)
    E-Mobile incorporates "contacts" onto the home page and PD does not. You can e-mail or call from the E-Mobile home page thru the contacts but with PD you must use a shortcut (m for messages and the green phone button to make a call.)
    Both offer shortcuts to apps from their home page that are customizable.
    PD Pro costs $34.95 and includes everything (weather, stocks, news and sports)
    E-Mobile Pro costs $29.95 but with the stocks, news, and weather add-ons each costing $6.95 the total cost is $50.80 if you want every add-on.
    As I mentioned I have been using E-Mobile Today Pro for 6 weeks and really like it. It is a much more attractive and simpler app than PD. However PD offers a lot of options at a cheaper price than E-Mobile. I am going to continue to use PD on their trial but so far I just like the much simpler and better looking E-Mobile Today Pro.(PD offers a trial and E-Mobile does not. However, E-Mobile offers a money-back guarantee if you don't like it.)
    Both companies have excellent tech support.
    I hope this mini-review helps some of you decide which app is better for your needs.
    Last edited by tellsells; 08-09-09 at 08:49 AM.
    08-08-09 06:44 PM
    Update on review:
    After using PocketDay for two days I have got to say that it has lots and lots of options to customize the screen (much more than E-Mobile). (PD also has Twitter and a Currency Converter as options.)
    If you do purchase either app it will take a full day to figure out all of the settings, so give them both a chance.
    Again, my favorite seems to be E-Mobile Pro because I like the way the screen looks, but if you want a strictly business today screen that is very customizable then PD is great (especially at the price).
    I don't know which one I will finally keep but I highly recommend BOTH as a fantastic business management screen!
    08-09-09 08:31 AM
    Have you noticed any lag compared to the standard theme with either of them and if so, do they lag comparably or does one have more lag than the other. Also, the lag I am questioning pertains to transitioning from one screen to another, launching an application, etc....
    08-09-09 11:04 AM
    Have you noticed any lag compared to the standard theme with either of them and if so, do they lag comparably or does one have more lag than the other. Also, the lag I am questioning pertains to transitioning from one screen to another, launching an application, etc....
    No lag at all with either one. And no memory drain at all except that each app is about 1MB.
    08-09-09 11:09 AM
    That's encouraging on both fronts - I'll probably try e-mobile today as I too think that one presents itself a bit better than Pocket Day Pro. I tried the iberry theme as I want to view current/upcoming appointments on my home screen, but I noticed that app caused some noticeable lag.

Thx for the review as I'm sure others will find it beneficial, as well!!
    08-09-09 11:16 AM
    That's encouraging on both fronts - I'll probably try e-mobile today as I too think that one presents itself a bit better than Pocket Day Pro. I tried the iberry theme as I want to view current/upcoming appointments on my home screen, but I noticed that app caused some noticeable lag.

Thx for the review as I'm sure others will find it beneficial, as well!!
    Make sure that you get E-Mobile Today Professional, as there is also an E-Mobile Today.
    Also make sure it is compatible with the 9630! It works great on the Bold but who knows on the 9630!
    08-09-09 11:26 AM
    Thx as it's not yet compatible with the BB Tour per both the Crackberry store and Handango - I'll keep an eye out for the compatible version to be released!!
    08-09-09 11:38 AM
    (PD offers a trial and E-Mobile does not. However, E-Mobile offers a money-back guarantee if you don't like it.)

Find me even one person who has exacted a refund out of these guys. Even then don't tell me that they were not put thru the ringer for it.

I had the same debate over both apps. Basically e-Mobile LOOKS a bit more slick but PD keeps working on that and they told me recently (when I emailed and asked) that they were planning on updating it so that you could use your own backgrounds.

e-Mobile not only will NOT offer trials and may say that they offer a money back guarantee "if you don't like it"..........in my experience they will immediately launch into trying to find "solutions" to whatever it is that you "don't like" about one of their apps.

In my opinion, if you will not offer free trials, do not b.s. people by telling them there is a money back guarantee if you simply try it and do NOT like the product unless you are willing to actually do so, without fifty questions being asked vs simply...........refunding you cheerfully.

I know this because I got sucked into buying a bunch of their products (blinded by the pretty facade, I admit) and while I love the look of them..........I found that the apps lack in functionality and some of their other programs caused my bb to lag badly to the point of making the intended purpose of said apps to be a moot point.

They mostly make a slick looking skin for native BB apps that you already have.

That no free trial and doing too much to avoid giving refunds really kills their reputation with me.

Pocket Day's customer service is excellent.
    Last edited by LeeJuly4; 08-09-09 at 04:07 PM.
    08-09-09 04:04 PM
    Find me even one person who has exacted a refund out of these guys. Even then don't tell me that they were not put thru the ringer for it.

I had the same debate over both apps. Basically e-Mobile LOOKS a bit more slick but PD keeps working on that and they told me recently (when I emailed and asked) that they were planning on updating it so that you could use your own backgrounds.

e-Mobile not only will NOT offer trials and may say that they offer a money back guarantee "if you don't like it"..........in my experience they will immediately launch into trying to find "solutions" to whatever it is that you "don't like" about one of their apps.

In my opinion, if you will not offer free trials, do not b.s. people by telling them there is a money back guarantee if you simply try it and do NOT like the product unless you are willing to actually do so, without fifty questions being asked vs simply...........refunding you cheerfully.

I know this because I got sucked into buying a bunch of their products (blinded by the pretty facade, I admit) and while I love the look of them..........I found that the apps lack in functionality and some of their other programs caused my bb to lag badly to the point of making the intended purpose of said apps to be a moot point.

They mostly make a slick looking skin for native BB apps that you already have.

That no free trial and doing too much to avoid giving refunds really kills their reputation with me.

Pocket Day's customer service is excellent.
    I am not defending E-Mobile at all, but if it was my company I would also ask (not put you thru the ringer) why you were dissatisfied and try to find a solution. I read reviews about E-Mobile Today Pro that were fantastic and also read ones that the user had problems. In every case where I read problems it appeared to me to be user-error as I did not experience any of them. When I did have a small problem E-Mobile's tech support responded quickly with a fix. Wouldn't that be a reason for them to ask some questions?
    Bottom line for me: E-Mobile Today Pro works flawlessly (especially new version 4.0) with no lags or problems. And Pocketday also works very well. And tech support from E-Mobile has been outstanding!
    08-09-09 04:44 PM
    I agree with you in that, if it were my company, I would want to make it better for a client. I'm still saying that they DO put you thru the ringer and I recall being told that they'd refund if there was a problem. Well, without a trial, you really should refund people even if the only problem is......they don't like it once they get it. You can't tell how any app works before you actually have it on your bb and try it, right?
    08-09-09 07:43 PM
    Great review!
    My friend and I are new to the world of BB.
    I have the 9700 Bold (AT&T) and my friend has (I'm 99% sure) the Curve 8530 with Sprint. We're curious to know whether PD Personal or PD Pro allow for easy dialing/ easy transfer from within email/ SMS to contacts/ calendar?
    Also, can system info be disabled or hidden?
    07-09-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD