Is it just me or has anyone else had trouble with eOffice and eFile desktop application. Whenever I try to view PDF files using "ViewAll" I get a message saying "No Image"; I can see a preview (like a thumbnail) view of the pages but when I try to focus in on one page to read this is what I get.

The biggest problem I get is when I try to transfer files back to my PC, it gives me this "Error Converting File" error everytime without failure! I've reinstalled with the latest version many times as instructed by their Tech Support to no avail.

Has anyone had success with this software? Right now if I cant event transfer a file to my PC and back to my BB this software really doesn't do the job well.

Thanks
    10-18-07 01:16 PM
    Been using this software for a year, it sucks, I agree, but until Documents To Go gets going, it's all there is.
    10-18-07 09:18 PM
    HI guys,
    For any issues you're having with eOffice you may contact our customer care department at [email protected] or 212 400 7602. I may also help you in resolving the issues, my email is [email protected]
    10-22-07 03:05 AM
    Like I said Danbra, I've contacted your customer service and they have been useless. I am still getting this "Error Converting File" error.

Thanks
    10-23-07 08:03 PM
    Like I said Danbra, I've contacted your customer service and they have been useless. I am still getting this "Error Converting File" error.

Thanks
    Hi,

Sorry for not following up you for so long.
    Could you email me (my email is above) so that I could check our support logs and take care of your issue on my own?
    12-17-07 08:12 AM
    I would just botch that product and wait patiently for "Docs To Go" to be released for the Blackberry phones. Reviews are excellent from users that have it with other make and model phones.

Documents To Go for BlackBerry: Word, Excel & PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    12-23-07 09:19 PM
    eOffice has worked great for me.
    12-23-07 09:47 PM
    I have used docs to go for years on the palm platform and it is great. Every update is better than the last...1st qtr 08 will be here soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-07 09:57 AM
    Just use BeamBerry till DocumentsToGo is released by DataViz...
    12-26-07 10:40 AM
    I also HATE using the Dynoplex product. You never know what error you will get or if the data you are looking for will be where you expect it to be in the future.

Perhaps these posts will wake them up to the fact that there are other products on the way that will destroy their monopoly soon!
    12-26-07 10:52 AM
    Just a question...Is there alternatives to save joined files from mails into the BB (memory or microSD) ?
    01-01-08 11:28 AM
    I used it on my faithful Treo650 that I have since retired (over to my wife). Love my curve 8320 but disappointed in the dynoplex product. I had on on and off in less than an hour because the filing system didn't recognize a test document I drafted. Good grief. You would think for $100 bucks it wouldn't be a work in progress.

I was very satisfied with docs to go EXCEPT for the pdf viewer. I found it to be extremely slow on the treo 650, but may have been due to the weak horsepower under the hood. Other than that, it is a great product.
    01-02-08 10:22 PM
    Documents to go is awesome, all in one. I had it on my treo 680, and every new update is better than the last with major updates, not just small little color changes. The pdf viewer and word processor will be worth the upgrade fee, all i hear about dynoplex is bad things, so i will be waiting for dataviz to get to the BB.
    01-20-08 09:55 AM
    I am Beta testing a new version of eoffice as we speak. Don't give up on it to soon. It integrates into every menu. So far its holding up with just only a few hiccups. I too use Docs2go on my Palm TX and all my older palms since 1998. I will do a side by side comparison, but just remember, Dynoplex has the jump on BB Rim software. Without the touch screen we find on the Palm machines, Docs2go may be harder to navigate through than we are use to. I am also anxious to see Dataviz's release!!
    01-20-08 01:24 PM
    Looks like we'll have it all within a year and for free! RIM is incorporating Documents to Go in future Device Software updates. It looks like v. 4.5 should have it from this press release. The price certainly has eOffice beat and they're going to add full HTML and rich text rendering to the built-in e-mail as well. WOOHOO!
    01-22-08 02:24 PM
    That'll be awesome. Well done RIM.
    01-22-08 03:42 PM
    I also used Docs2go with Palm and never had a problem that I can recall. The software worked great. Dynoplex's eOffice on the other hand is the complete opposite. The software has so many bugs that it is broken more that it works. Tech support is poor at best. Also when I purchased the software I specifically asked if upgrades were free. I was told "our upgrades are always free", but now if I want native support I have to pay $20 to get it. I have tried to deal with Tech Support on several issues and never have I been able to get all my issues corrected. I would suggest that anyone who is looking for this kind of software, steer away from Dynoplex. At this point, even if Docs to Go was not free, I'd wait and pay for it.

Too bad, our IT department was looking to me to let them know if it was worth it for them to give it a try, potential 200 units.

J
    04-20-08 06:19 PM
    I have Beamberry on trial but I was desperate for a Word editor so I downloaded eOffice. What a complete POS. I ried to get it to open a simple (text only) Word 2003 document on my Media Card. I displayed nothing but the name of the document. I then tried with a single page Excel 2003 sheet. It failed to open it. I then tried a ppt fie, a pps file and a pdf file - nada, zippo.

I deleted the product from my PC and from my 8310.

I will stick with Beamberry until 4.5 is released and then if I like it I shall upgrade to the full version of DataViz.
    05-19-08 04:50 PM
    I am Beta testing a new version of eoffice as we speak. Don't give up on it to soon. It integrates into every menu. So far its holding up with just only a few hiccups. I too use Docs2go on my Palm TX and all my older palms since 1998. I will do a side by side comparison, but just remember, Dynoplex has the jump on BB Rim software. Without the touch screen we find on the Palm machines, Docs2go may be harder to navigate through than we are use to. I am also anxious to see Dataviz's release!!
    I would be very interested to see if you ever publish your side-by-side.

Your point about the lack of a touch screen is valid. The trackball goes a long way to eliminating the need for a touch screen (roll to screen zone, click) but does not completely replace it.

As you see from my last post, I had a bad experience with eOffice so I really want to see the DataViz offering.
    05-20-08 08:57 AM
    Without the touch screen we find on the Palm machines, Docs2go may be harder to navigate through than we are use to.
    Very true, but keep in mind DataViz has versions of Documents To Go for non-touch devices like the Moto Q line and other WM Smartphones. BlackBerry is obviously a different animal than WM, but the point is DataViz has some experience in the non-touch world.

I mentioned in another thread that there is a YouTube clip from WES that shows a demo of Documents To Go; its a good first look at how it integrates if you're curious: youtube.com/watch?v=Xy1k1W7Xk6s

Jason C. -
    mobileofficeblog.dataviz.com
    05-20-08 09:50 AM
    Very true, but keep in mind DataViz has versions of Documents To Go for non-touch devices like the Moto Q line and other WM Smartphones. BlackBerry is obviously a different animal than WM, but the point is DataViz has some experience in the non-touch world.

I mentioned in another thread that there is a YouTube clip from WES that shows a demo of Documents To Go; its a good first look at how it integrates if you're curious: youtube.com/watch?v=Xy1k1W7Xk6s

Jason C. -
    mobileofficeblog.dataviz.com
    why doesn't DTG have a save function from email?
    09-12-08 12:40 PM
    I should have read this before purchasing Dynoplex. So far I am not so thrilled.

Is DOCStoGo available now for the BBerry 8830?
    09-13-08 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD