Any rumors about the "coming soon!" dropbox app?.... like, when?

I just updated my blackberry to the 9650 and am dedicating myself to becoming more efficient through the miracle of blackberry.

So far, I'm very pleased from all angles...loving it. After learning that Dropbox has a mobile app, I was certain that blackberry would be at the top of the list (because of all the business users)... a little surprised that it is at the *end* of the list! (droid and iphone already have it).

At least they are working on it.

I would happily try Microsoft's Skydrive if they had an app, but nope!

Man, so I'm wondering about that Dropbox release... days? weeks? months!?

Kelt
    06-16-10 04:30 PM
    Ok, self, I just logged on to the official dropbox forum and have found some info.

They are claiming that there will be a Beta version out in July...so maybe a full release in September?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-16-10 04:59 PM
    If you can find a copy of Rove Mobile File manager (it was free, but its been discontinued), it has webdav support. You can access skydrive through webdav.

06-16-10 05:22 PM
    Dropbox has a mobile website that is pretty good. You can access your files quick and there is even a BB Launcher for it. The mobile site is Dropbox and you can get the Dropbox Mobile Launcher at http://www.techcarolina.com/bbLaunch...TA/Dropbox.jad

I wouldn't expect their first try at a BB app to be very good. Think evernote...
    J

P.S. And the usual referral dropbox link for anyone who wants an account. https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTcyMzA0NjM5 Hope I'm not breaking any rules...if so i understand.
    Last edited by daman28n88; 06-16-10 at 08:36 PM.
    06-16-10 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD