What is the quickest way to do a Google search on a restaurant for example and have the BB use your GPS location as Start Point and the restaurant you searched for as End Point?

Start Point in Google Maps does not seem to work all the time.

End Point. I have to manually enter the address of destination.

I would like to be able to do a voice search on Vlingo and get directions in a few clicks without having to do data entry.

Thanks!

g
    04-09-10 09:42 AM
    So, it's not really a Google Maps issue... it's a Vlingo issue not working with all the apps YOU want it to work with... is that correct???
    04-09-10 10:04 AM
    No Vlingo works fine. How can I get driving directions without manually entering the addresses after I complete a search.
    04-09-10 10:27 AM
    Not sure what version you have, I have 3.0.1 on my Bold 9000. Anyway, here is what I've observed.

I tried doing a search, then it gives a listing (1-10) in "listing" format. (You can press # to alternate between seeing it in "map" view versus seeing it in "listing" view.) I scroll to the one I want then click on it. Then there is a "get directions" option which I select. It then plugs "my location" (which can be changed) as the start point, it has the destination's address in the end point; it mentions the NAME (not address) of the destination, but in reality it is searching by the address of the location. Easy.
    04-09-10 03:19 PM
    1. Click on search map from the google maps menu
    2. Type in place you're trying to find
    3. Click on the pin labeled whatever you are looking for
    4. Click on get directions
    5. Use "my location" as starting point and the restaurant as your end point
    6. Click on get directions
    6. Voil�. You're set.
    04-09-10 03:25 PM
    Ok, I am trying to avoid typing addresses. I am using Google Mobile Apps and searching my voice command. When I click on a location I want directions to, then click on drive directions, it never uses my current location. I have to type in my location. GSP, right. I want to use it.
    04-09-10 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD