I've had this issue for quite a while now...the app reads texts but not emails...in the settings i have both emails and texts checked. Help!!

Thanks!
    04-14-11 01:59 AM
    Just bumping this up again...anyone?
    04-20-11 01:00 AM
    I'm sure you've done this, but in settings go to "Advanced" and be sure that messages sent to the e-mail address(es) listed are all checked. For example, I have several e-mail accounts and I've checked off some and not others so only messages sent to certain accounts are read. If none of your e-mail accounts are checked in advanced settings perhaps that may be the problem.
    04-20-11 05:41 AM
    I just noticed I am having this problem too. The text messages and calendar events are read. My emails no longer get read. I know it was working a couple weeks ago. A couple updates were pushed out over the last couple of weeks. I am using 2.50 Pro now. I looked at the FAQ's on their site and made sure the email addresses were checked on the Advanced page and made sure the permissions were all set to allow. I'm on BIS. Not sure what else to check. Tried an uninstall-reinstall and battery pulls. Still no luck.
    04-20-11 06:16 PM
    I've been having the same problems as well, I emailed the developer and got the following reply...

Hi

With Operation System 6.0, It will read incoming text messages but NOT incoming email messages We spoke to our developers and this is a known issue for BB OS 6.0.
    They are working on the fix and we hope to have it available very soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for bearing with us.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

-The iSpeech Support Team

Although I do think that I did have emails read out while I've been running earlier versions of os 6, espiecially when it was first released?
    Last edited by ST_Temps; 04-22-11 at 11:51 AM.
    04-22-11 04:41 AM
    Although I do think that I did have emails read out while I've been running earlier versions of os 6, espiecially when it was first released?
    It's not your imagination. Emails did read aloud on OS6.

I was using the free version of DriveSafe.ly and got tired of the word limit and the annoying "Buy me" prompts (although I understand why they were there). I switched to the free version of Text'nDrive but it didn't allow me to choose which email accounts I wanted read; it read all or none and I want some.

I'm currently on DriveCarefully and am enjoying it. It's free on AppWorld, lets me chose my email accounts, speed of voice, output, volume and other fun stuff. For me, the volume is too low but, hey, for zero money it works quite well. NOTE: You cannot reply by voice to DriveCarefully as it's a read-only app.

'Safe.ly's statement about silent emails being a known issue on OS6 may be known to them only. The other apps seem not to have a problem with it.

04-22-11 02:34 PM
    Their reply is not correct. I have had emails read on my Torch since I got it last August. It has always had OS6. I think the emails stopped after I updated to the latest leak for the torch: .526.
    04-25-11 07:13 PM
    Hi

With Operation System 6.0, It will read incoming text messages but NOT incoming email messages We spoke to our developers and this is a known issue for BB OS 6.0.
    They are working on the fix and we hope to have it available very soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for bearing with us.

Best Regards,

I've just replied to their email with this:-

Hi,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I do, however believe the information supplied by your developers is incorrect. I bought the Blackberry Torch when it was released here in the UK in October 2010 and it was released running os 6. I have definitely had emails read out to me by Drivesafe.ly while on this handset. Before I bought the Torch I was running os6 on my 8900 Curve for about 4 months, again having emails read out.

The problems have only really been in the last few months or so, and have come about either with a recent release of os6 or since about version 2.40 of Drivesafe.ly

This can also be backed up by contributors to this thread on the forum's of Crackberry.com - http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/drivesafe-ly-issue-604542/

I hope this info is of some help!

------------

I'll post back if I receive a reply!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 03:41 AM
    I'm pretty sure they realize it was working with previous versions. Their response seemed specific to your issue with the latest release.
    You might try requesting they provide you access to install a prior release where it was working.

04-26-11 04:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure they realize it was working with previous versions. Their response seemed specific to your issue with the latest release.
    You might try requesting they provide you access to install a prior release where it was working.

I read it as they were saying it has never worked on os6. However if/when they get back to me I'll ask if they do have an earlier version I can have.

04-26-11 09:11 AM
    Found the link to 2.46 so I uninstalled 2.51 and installed 2.46. Unfortunately it still doesn't read emails. We need a version prior to that.
    04-26-11 06:45 PM
    I've just replied to their email with this:-

Hi,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I do, however believe the information supplied by your developers is incorrect. I bought the Blackberry Torch when it was released here in the UK in October 2010 and it was released running os 6. I have definitely had emails read out to me by Drivesafe.ly while on this handset. Before I bought the Torch I was running os6 on my 8900 Curve for about 4 months, again having emails read out.

The problems have only really been in the last few months or so, and have come about either with a recent release of os6 or since about version 2.40 of Drivesafe.ly

This can also be backed up by contributors to this thread on the forum's of Crackberry.com - http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/dri...-issue-604542/

I hope this info is of some help!

------------

I'll post back if I receive a reply!

OK, they've just got back to me....

Hello,

You are correct in a way. OS6 by itself is not a problem, but one of the recent builds for it changed some architecture which our application uses, which caused the problem.

Best Regards,

04-27-11 04:39 PM
    Is there going to be a quick fix for this soon? Whats the point of having this app if it doesn't work properly?

I hope so, I so enjoyed my emails being read to me.....
    05-17-11 12:50 AM
    I saw somewhere else that there's a specific COD file from an earlier version of OS6 that can be plugged in with BBSAK. I can't recall where I saw that however. If I find it, I'll post it here.
    05-18-11 07:30 PM
    App world just alerted me of an update for this app....the new update 2.60 has fixed my issues with this app. Check it out!
    Last edited by hyperdub; 06-07-11 at 01:55 PM.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    06-07-11 01:41 PM
    +1. Program is finally reading my emails again - through bluetooth.
    06-07-11 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD