i need help.. big time!!!!!!!!

i am having some serious issued my the drive safe.ly app. I had installed it as part of the free app give away by RIM, for the outage.

Everything was good with the app (to honest, i hadn't really used it and it was in the background) until today. It decided to, all of a sudden, start reading my emails and incoming messages to me. The funny thing is that the app was turned 'off' and the phone was on silent. It turned into quite the embarrassing situation and i got some strange looks.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, i eventually gave up and deleted the app completely from my phone. For some reason, the app still reads my messages (emails and texts) out loud, even when the phone is on silent and the app has been deleted.

FYI - Am using a torch 9800.

I have done numerous battery pulls, restarts by pressing Alt + Shift + Del and am pretty much at my wits end. Further, have also used the universal search to confirm that the app was indeed deleted.

I just can't understand, how or why, my messages are being read back to me as the phone is on silent or vibrate, and the app no longer exists.

I now turn to the wise people of cb.com for guidance.

Thanks in advance
    JB
    11-09-11 07:04 PM
    Did you also download vlingo?

Sent from my CrackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 07:06 PM
    Did you also download vlingo?

yes i did. But as far as i understand, vlingo is only for input via voice, not output.

But that being said, i had both apps for the last little while (downloaded them both on the first day that they were available) and the problem was only today.

could it be vlingo that is creating the problem?
    11-09-11 07:10 PM
    Yep. It has safe reader. Just open the app and uncheck it. Its at the bottom.

11-09-11 07:17 PM
    thanks for your help.
    I just decided to delete vlingo completely. that seems to have solved the problem. Will down it later and uncheck the safe reader. DIdnt know it was there.

Thx again
    JB
    11-09-11 07:21 PM
    No problem JB, I am happy to help and I am glad it worked out for you.

Jason
    11-09-11 07:28 PM
    Vlingo far and away better and drivesafe.ly a battery hog to boot!
    11-10-11 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD