I know it's not an app per say but if I what is the difference between going to Gmail and downloading it from there or downloading enhanced gmail plug-in.
    I know it's probably a stupid question but none of it makes sense to me.
    02-12-10 10:34 AM
    With the plugin you won't have a true two-way sync between the accounts until BIS 3.0 is rolled out.

With the GMail App, you will.
    02-12-10 10:36 AM
    I know it's not an app per say but if I what is the difference between going to Gmail and downloading it from there or downloading enhanced gmail plug-in.
    I know it's probably a stupid question but none of it makes sense to me.
    THe Gmail App is, in fact, an app. It does not use the BB's built-in email handling, and it bypasses the BIS altogether. It will pull your mail from the gmail servers at regular intervals. The upside is that you have access to all of your archived gmail.
    02-12-10 11:30 AM
    I have experienced absolutely no benefit from downloading the Gmail Enhancement application. Just drained battery and annoyance with the GM Enhancer attempting to keep constant connection. Its no good for me, but you may find it useful.

Some users have a real beast of a time removing the GM Enhancer though. Check out THIS thread... Two pages of disgruntled GM Enhancer users.

For me, its been nothing but a disappointment.
    02-12-10 11:39 AM
    Oh ok, Thank you all! I was just kind of confused at what the difference was but now I understand!
    02-12-10 12:34 PM
    Oh ok, Thank you all! I was just kind of confused at what the difference was but now I understand!
    No problem! You can still get all the email from your gmail account without it... IMO, no plug-in is the way to go!
    02-12-10 12:45 PM
    Gmail app ftw until BIS 3.0 is rolled out
    02-12-10 12:56 PM
    No problem! You can still get all the email from your gmail account without it... IMO, no plug-in is the way to go!
    did anyone ever determine whether the other two .cods ( for the english and french) have to be removed or just the main enhanced gmail plug-in .cod? I'm going to try this today, I hate having this plug-in on my phone.

thanks
    02-12-10 01:08 PM
    @dollface: I don't know about specific .cods. I simply removed via desktop manager without issue. Check the thread link I posted above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD