Hello everyone,

I am new to crackberry.com, and loving it! I got my very first Blackberry several years ago, and I love her!

My question is this - I visit Facebook.com on the browser on my curve, and haven't had any problems. I see on the bottom of the page that it says "Download Facebook for your Blackberry 8310", and I am wondering how that is different from just viewing it in my browser.

Are there advantages to downloading it that I don't have just viewing it online? Does it take up memory space if I download it?

Thanks in advance for your help - I have 3 other questions, so I will do one other post with those all in the title!

Ecurvegirl
    09-21-09 12:45 PM
    Yes it will take up memory space on your device. But you can upload photos from your bb straight to ff through the app. That is the only advantage I have ever found in the app.
    09-21-09 12:55 PM
    it also links contacts with your friends list putting their picture from facebook as there caller id photo. when they change their photo on facebook it changes in your contact list. AND it imports all your facebook friends birthdays into your calander and sends you a reminder so you do not forget their birthday.
    09-21-09 12:58 PM
    everything that shead77 is bascially the advantage of having the fb app but right now my app is no working properly and im pissed!!!
    09-21-09 01:01 PM
    theres several threads saying FB is doing server maintenance..also there was a BIS upgrade....dont freak and give it some time....it should be fixed soon
    09-21-09 01:33 PM
    theres several threads saying FB is doing server maintenance..also there was a BIS upgrade....dont freak and give it some time....it should be fixed soon
    Agreed, however, it is pretty frustrating that there have been problems with the app, because in my experience with it, it's been fairly trouble free.
    I would recommend getting the app, I find that it's much easier to use than the mobile site IMO. You can comment on people's statusses, and the general useability of the app is really great. I would give it a try.
    The memory issue you ask about really isn't going to be an issue, while the app might be semi large compared to other apps, it really doesn't use much memory after the initial install. Give it a shot, worst case scenario is that you just delete it if you don't like it!
    09-21-09 02:10 PM
    I like the app overall, just the last week had been difficult until FB sorts out their maintainence. So if you do download it, you're going to have some problems that weren't there a week ago and should go away (hopefull) soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 02:31 PM
    i don't like the app,i stick to the browser period.
    09-21-09 10:33 PM
    Love the app, which is working again for me at least. My favorite feature is getting comments in my message folder like a text which I can also repond to by "replying". If not for that I probably wouldn't use FB much.

09-21-09 10:45 PM
    The number 1 reason why I why the facebook app is I can receive and send messages/wall posts/pokes/etc. Instantly without having to launching the browser everytime. Once I get a new message and etc. It comes straight to my curve. But lately facebook has been a really pain in the arse and I have not been getting the notifications on my phone.

09-21-09 10:45 PM
    Thanks everyone, great info. I think I may wait for a bit (until the current issues are hopefully fixed) and then download it and see what its like. As someone mentioned, I can just delete it if I don't like or use it!
    09-21-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD