Does one have to download apps - such as google maps to your BB or can one transfer it from one's PC to one's BB. My carrier charges for downloads but my ISP does not hence the question. If I can how does one do it?
    12-28-09 10:56 AM
    you would need to download the apps from whatever ever site you found the apps offered and than upload to the phone through the application loader on bbdm, your carrier charges you to download apps??? wtf. jump on wifi and download them, they wouldnt know the difference. if your worried just turn the network connections off.
    12-28-09 11:02 AM
    It looks like the binary files are only available for Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, and Palm OS. Google Maps on your mobile phone
    12-28-09 11:03 AM
    Thanks, trying to hook up to my hotel wifi now that should work. Anything I should know to make the BB connect to the wifi?
    12-28-09 11:28 AM
    I turned the network off, and I connected to the hotel wifi but when i try and open the browser the message comes up that the radio is turned off or batt is too low? What now?
    12-28-09 11:33 AM
    Word of warning: Google Maps is one of those apps that does not utilize WiFi at all. I'm sure you can install it via WiFi but the actual use will incur data charges.
    12-28-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD