I have been having trouble when downloading an app onto my computer (XP) and from there putting it on my Storm. I can only do OTA downloads any hints on were to save the files to or what to open them with or how to look for them once saved from DM?
    02-18-09 06:43 PM
    There are two types of files that you can install onto a blackberry. The first are OTA files which have the jad extension. The way to install these files is to go to the OTA link from your BB Browser. Once you click on the link it will initiate the download and install of the app. The second type are a collection two files, an alx file and a cod file. These are files that are download to the computer and installed with the app loader. Once you have app loader, go to add/remove apps. Then click the browse button and click the alx file. Finally check off the app that was added to your list and click next twice to install. When you say you are having trouble, can you explain in more detail what the trouble is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 08:24 PM
    There are two types of files that you can install onto a blackberry. The first are OTA files which have the jad extension. The way to install these files is to go to the OTA link from your BB Browser. Once you click on the link it will initiate the download and install of the app. The second type are a collection two files, an alx file and a cod file. These are files that are download to the computer and installed with the app loader. Once you have app loader, go to add/remove apps. Then click the browse button and click the alx file. Finally check off the app that was added to your list and click next twice to install. When you say you are having trouble, can you explain in more detail what the trouble is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD