So I have a bold for work that has downloading blocked and I'm trying install the Gmail app, but I can't seem to find the direct link to download it on my computer and transfer it to my sd card. Any help?
    07-18-10 02:56 PM
    I am not sure if there is one. Will they allow you to just use the BIS setup to add your Gmail account? Go in your "Setup" folder and click "Personal Email Setup". You can then log into your BIS account and add your Gmail account there.
    07-18-10 03:28 PM
    when i go there it says

your account is currently configured to use device with PIN null.

would you like to switch to the device with PIN (numbers and letters)
    07-18-10 03:38 PM
    when i go there it says

your account is currently configured to use device with PIN null.

would you like to switch to the device with PIN (numbers and letters)
    It sounds like your employer does not want to use it for personal use then. I don't think finding the gmail app is going to help you because they it probably will not be allowed when you try to install it through DM. Even if you could get it installed they would probably find out and uninstall it immediately. Sounds like they have it locked down pretty tight.
    07-18-10 03:41 PM
    haha alright those bastards
    07-18-10 03:43 PM
    if i set up a proxy on my laptop, can i set up the BB to use that proxy in the browser?
    07-18-10 03:46 PM
    I guess you're stuck using gmail through the browser (unless they have that blocked off too)
    07-18-10 03:47 PM
    yes gmail is blocked
    07-18-10 03:49 PM
    i was able to setup my gmail through those settings but it says it put a link on the home screen and there is none though when i go through email settings my gmail is there
    07-18-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD