I have stopped getting the old notifications and messages but now, as of yesterday, I am getting 2 of every notification on my Storm2 and only one of them will delete one of each matching pair. I have not changed any settings in Facebook regarding notifications since updating to FB 1.9.

Anyone else experiencing this annoyance?
    11-23-10 09:47 AM
    I've got a notification but when I go in there's nothing new there. Very frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 09:49 AM
    One of them you can delete from your message folder, the other you have to delete out of the app.

its very frustrating and it led me to disabling FB notifications in to my messages folder.
    11-23-10 09:51 AM
    One of them you can delete from your message folder, the other you have to delete out of the app.

its very frustrating and it led me to disabling FB notifications in to my messages folder.
    When I go into the app it says I do not have any notifications but I still have on in my Messages folder. The copies seem to be going away eventually but I do not know why or how. The duplicates I had yesterday that would not delete are gone today. Maybe they finally delete after a reboot as Quick Pull reboots my phone every morning.
    11-23-10 10:04 AM
    When I go into the app it says I do not have any notifications but I still have on in my Messages folder. The copies seem to be going away eventually but I do not know why or how. The duplicates I had yesterday that would not delete are gone today. Maybe they finally delete after a reboot as Quick Pull reboots my phone every morning.

Im not sure, after a day of duplicates and non deletes i removed them from my messages folder, and now just open the app to see the new notifications.

works for me
    11-23-10 10:07 AM
    I'm getting the same thing...very annoying. It appears that the duplicate messages only appear after I do a battery pull...otherwise, I can delete from my messages folder without any problem.

Crazy....
    11-23-10 10:14 AM
    I'm getting the same thing...very annoying. It appears that the duplicate messages only appear after I do a battery pull...otherwise, I can delete from my messages folder without any problem.

Crazy....
    I'm experiencing the exact same thing! It's getting really annoying. :/
    11-23-10 07:41 PM
    Found this thread via search. I have the exact same problem with the latest FB update on my Verizon Storm2. Haven't done the .1015 OS update yet though. Following Fubaz' lead for now, disabled message/notification integration. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise.
    12-04-10 11:17 AM
    i get the same problem and its so annoying haveing to go through every recent notification to get rid of it
    12-04-10 12:11 PM
    I haven't received any notifications since 12/3, and the ones I have from then and earlier are doubled in my messages folder.

I'm getting really annoyed. Battery pulls haven't solved anything, so I think I'm gonna uninstall/reinstall.

Has anyone discovered anything new?
    12-06-10 02:52 PM
    I am also experiencing the same thing with double entries in my message box and no notifications. Let us know if the re-installation fixed the problem.
    12-06-10 06:25 PM
    So has anyone found a fix to this? I got a new version of FB with the latest os6 build (1.9.0.23) however the double notifications still happen after a battery pull.
    12-13-10 08:14 PM
    for me there are no notification at all but when i checked my fb on my laptop there are lots of notification. i have also experienced that double mesaages in my inbox. is this a bug?
    12-13-10 11:27 PM
    The reinstall fixed it temporarily. As of two days ago (give or take), I'm back to no notifications. :-(
    12-21-10 06:29 PM
    THis really sucks. I guess I am not the only one having this issue. I sporadically get notifications. But some how my notification settings will not work. Meaning I dont get a led flash or phone vibration. I only get a notification Icon in my status bar. I also get the Multiple notifications after a battery pull. And scrolling is horrible. They really need to fix the FB app most of us use it all the time. How do I downgrade!
    12-30-10 10:52 AM
    As of today i am getting a text message saying i have a fb notification and then shortly after getting the notification from the app itself.
    12-30-10 11:43 AM
    anyone have any fixes for this? almost a month now, battery pull just doubles everything. just cleared the cache and did pull to only turn on phone and all the latest ones are now doubled and can't delete but one of them!
    07-09-11 08:57 AM
    A month? This thread is well over 6 months dormant. Nice dead thread revival.
    07-09-11 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD