Today I came across an interesting app called xberry. This app suppose to display gamer tag on you BB. being a xbox gamer I download the OTA after all I fouen the link here under free app. Well I installed and could not get the application to work. I decided to check the web site to see what I was doing wrong. To my surprise I have to donate to get my BB enabled on their service. Now If they want to sell it I would have pay for it. But I see this as a tactic to force u to "donate". Well I uninstall the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 02:37 PM
    Is xberry still up and running? Last I heard there were server issues.
    05-04-09 02:40 PM
    that doesnt seem free then...
    05-04-09 03:50 PM
    Is xberry still up and running? Last I heard there were server issues.
    What the site say that if you already donate to let then know to enable ur device

05-04-09 04:55 PM
    If I recall correctly (huge assumption), xberry was originally offered as a free app. Their servers took a huge hit and they couldn't keep up with the demand without a little bit of help. That's when they started asking for donations (e.g., paid app).

Perhaps one of the mods ought to remove the link from the free app section.
    05-05-09 07:27 AM
    If I recall correctly (huge assumption), xberry was originally offered as a free app. Their servers took a huge hit and they couldn't keep up with the demand without a little bit of help. That's when they started asking for donations (e.g., paid app).

Perhaps one of the mods ought to remove the link from the free app section.
    Thats perfectly fine however, if is still been advertise as free. It should be free and not to find out that if you dont donate u cant use it. Donations are voluntary, not mandatory. If they say is a paid app. I have no issue with it. Or donating if the ask not try to trick me into it.
    05-08-09 06:12 PM
    That's extortion! I would not donate on principle. If you want to sell it, advertise the cost. Don't advertise it as FREE if a "donation" is required. It is misleading.

05-08-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD