Well I downloaded slacker to my phone and its a great and great looking definetly a keeper but I'm having a couple problems

For instance all of my songs will end and skip to the next song about 15-50 seconds too soon. Also the program will frequently freeze up. It doesn't do it every time but enough to where its a problem. Usually when I'm trying to skip songs or stations will it freeze up for a couple of minutes
    I'm running .99 and its been perfect. No problems so I don't blame it on the OS.
    So I ask you crackberry is the freezing and early skipping normal or should I try to reinstall it?

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 10:19 AM
    When did you download it? There's a storm compatable one now that doesn't have that problem. I believe the current version number is 1.0.22?
    02-11-09 10:22 AM
    I'm running .99 and its been perfect. No problems so I don't blame it on the OS.
    Ehhh ... that logic is not sound at all, since .99 is a leaked OS so it's bound to have associated bugs with so-called "compatible" programs. That said, I've been using the latest version of Slacker and the .99 OS and I've had no problems with it (I had a lot of problems with an incompatible version). Before you ask where to download the latest version, just visit the exact same website you visited when you downloaded Slacker the first time and the newest version will be in its place.
    02-11-09 10:42 AM
    I have version .22 so it should be the right version. But regardless ill try reinstalling it.

If that doesn't work ill blame it on a bug in the OS.

02-11-09 10:52 AM
    I was running .99, and having the same problems, I downgraded to .75, and Slacker works perfectly.
    02-11-09 11:05 AM
    Ill keep that in mind although I would like to keep .99

02-11-09 12:03 PM
    .99 os not experianceing those problems
    02-11-09 12:07 PM
    I got .23 and running .99 OS and I have the skipping problem.

Nevermind, fixed it by redownloading it
    Last edited by y2bandit; 02-23-09 at 10:22 AM.
    02-23-09 09:46 AM
    When did you download it? There's a storm compatable one now that doesn't have that problem. I believe the current version number is 1.0.22?
    Current version is .23. I never installed the older slacker. Try deleting it off the phone then installing the new .23 version. I've been using .22/.23 for a few weeks without issues.
    02-23-09 10:53 AM
    I've had problems with slacker and 9530os .99 ... jump 15s into songs and accidental song skips on the 6 limit when I plugged in headphones. 9530os .103 ... Seems ot have cleared that up ... downgraded back to .99 and problems came back.
    02-23-09 12:02 PM
    On .103 and it works perfectly except for the slightest skip at 13 seconds for every song. (Slacker .22)
    02-23-09 12:14 PM
    I haven't had a plbm with Slacker...if it wasn't for it I would have sold my storm. I do have a question??? How do I use the Cache feature?

02-23-09 12:15 PM
    I was getting the same problem...skipped to a new song 15s before it ended. But now when I use slacker, it doesn't even work...keeps saying "Buffering" and doesn't do anything. I waited about an hour for it to stop buffering but it still continued to not work. I'm running .99
    02-23-09 02:44 PM
    i also have a q about slacker... does anyone know how vast their music library is... the past couple of times i tried to type in an artist (weezer, third eye blind) it just kind of sat there and did nothing "buffering" my whole walk to work. sad because i wanted some tunes.
    02-23-09 02:50 PM
    i also have a q about slacker... does anyone know how vast their music library is... the past couple of times i tried to type in an artist (weezer, third eye blind) it just kind of sat there and did nothing "buffering" my whole walk to work. sad because i wanted some tunes.
    yep, same thing here
    02-23-09 02:56 PM
    I've had problems with slacker and 9530os .99 ... jump 15s into songs and accidental song skips on the 6 limit when I plugged in headphones. 9530os .103 ... Seems ot have cleared that up ... downgraded back to .99 and problems came back.
    I was on .99 and had the problem. went to Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations on the BB browser, redownloaded the OTA and it fixed the problem.
    02-24-09 07:52 AM
    I went back to their site and re-dl'd it. i think i remember ignoring an upgrade, so i guess they kind of force you to, because now everything works fine.

slacker is def not as accurate as pandora, but i'm pretty happy to have something like this on my phone and not have to transfer all my music over.
    02-24-09 08:08 AM
    i just upgraded to .109 and it fixed the problem. no "buffering" and no skipping 15 secs before the song stops
    02-24-09 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD