does ti cost money ?!!?!?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 08:53 PM
    No. Viigo is free.
    06-04-09 09:04 PM
    No

It's free from what I can tell. I have been using for some time now
    06-04-09 09:04 PM
    It's free and a common favorite app of the CB community. I'm a big fan of it myself and use it everyday.
    06-04-09 11:53 PM
    I'll chime in as well, but it looks like everyone answered... No, it's free... love this app!!! It's become one of my favorite in a very short time.
    06-05-09 05:53 AM
    OK-maybe I'm missing something here. I downloaded Viigo and attempted to set it up to my liking. After reading about how great it was-I was fairly disappointed. Maybe I just don't get the whole RSS thing. It seemed like Viigo just gives me a few headlines and partial stories but then I have to visit the website to read the whole story. Is that how it should be working? I can see how this would be great for sports fans or to follow the stock market but it didn't live up to the hype that has been created for it. What information/RSS feeds are you guys getting that are great/entertaining?
    06-05-09 06:13 AM
    OK-maybe I'm missing something here. I downloaded Viigo and attempted to set it up to my liking. After reading about how great it was-I was fairly disappointed. Maybe I just don't get the whole RSS thing. It seemed like Viigo just gives me a few headlines and partial stories but then I have to visit the website to read the whole story. Is that how it should be working? I can see how this would be great for sports fans or to follow the stock market but it didn't live up to the hype that has been created for it. What information/RSS feeds are you guys getting that are great/entertaining?
    Wow, you just named two of my favorite thing... sports and the stock market... what's wrong with just those two??? Ok, I'm still fairly new to this app, but here is my 2 cents. I was sitting in a restaurant the other day for a last meal with my step-daughter who was leaving for Cairo and she was not sure what the specific weather forecast would be... she knew generally what it would be like, but not what the high or low would be or if it was going to rain tomorrow. I pulled up Viigo and hit weather, plugged in Cairo, found the one in Egypt and I was looking at the next weeks forecast for Cairo. I also found out the weather in Amsterdam, where she had a lay over. That's just one example. I've also found local movie theater start times very quick and easy. I'm actually looking forward to the next release that will include Podcasts and who knows what else.

You know, apps are not always for every person... I've looked at a couple that I just did not like, but were all the rave too... they did not impress me... but this one does impress me, and I like it a lot.
    06-05-09 06:31 AM
    Thanks for the response fatboy97. Your answer was not exactly what I expected to hear though. I wanted you tell me that I was a moron and that I just hadn't figured out how to use the app properly. At least that way it would give me something to work on and look forward to. As it stands, I guess this app is just not for me....................let me get back to my Nickel Buddy Coin Toss app(kidding).
    06-05-09 07:55 AM
    ... It seemed like Viigo just gives me a few headlines and partial stories but then I have to visit the website to read the whole story...
    It really depends on the RSS feed, not all of them are like that.
    06-05-09 09:56 AM
    Viigo is free, as it should be. I'll go against the norm here, but I think Viigo is a pile of dung. UI is terrible, and it's a hog.

Go with a good reader instead.
    06-05-09 10:27 AM
    Viigo is free, as it should be. I'll go against the norm here, but I think Viigo is a pile of dung. UI is terrible, and it's a hog.

Go with a good reader instead.
    Wow, I guess you and I have had totally different experiences with it. And we have the same device (according to your profile), so it can't even be explained by that! Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Another option I've used in the past is Newsgator. One advantage they have is that it syncs everything -- including what you've read and what you've flagged to save -- with their web app. So you can do some reading on the computer, then sync the phone and you won't have to wade through what you already read. I went back to Viigo though because it won't show the feeds that don't have unread items, and I want to be able to go back and look. Plus, I didn't need the sync capability anyway, I do all my news reading on the phone as it is.
    06-05-09 03:12 PM
    Its free, but a warning to all storm users, it runs like garbage on a storm.
    06-05-09 03:17 PM
    funny but this isn't a storm thread
    06-05-09 03:23 PM
    funny but this isn't a storm thread
    Nobody said it was, I just said warning to storm users. Many people stumble upon these forums irregardless what phone they use.
    06-05-09 03:27 PM
    Wow, I guess you and I have had totally different experiences with it. And we have the same device (according to your profile), so it can't even be explained by that! Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Another option I've used in the past is Newsgator. One advantage they have is that it syncs everything -- including what you've read and what you've flagged to save -- with their web app. So you can do some reading on the computer, then sync the phone and you won't have to wade through what you already read. I went back to Viigo though because it won't show the feeds that don't have unread items, and I want to be able to go back and look. Plus, I didn't need the sync capability anyway, I do all my news reading on the phone as it is.
    this is a late response, sorry we've been busy

- RSS feeds: the article lengths really depends on the publisher, CNN.com/CrackBerry.com may choose to publish full articles, but others might not ... we really cannot control this ... also, you are not limited by the RSS feeds we list, you can enter ANY RSS feed you like, our list is merely suggestions and recommendations based on your community's interest ...

- Features: Viigo offers an array of different "Channels": Weather forecast, Movie Showtimes, local theatres listings, craigslist, restaurant reservation, shopping, Twitter, friendfeed, and many many more ...

you might wanna use some or all of those features ... its really what you make of it ... but we are open for suggestions and feedback ... here's a question ... would you want it to be? what's your killer feature? what would you like to see changed?

lets us know, and we'll do it!

seriously, we will!

please submit feedback through our support site or through the app feedback option.

- Viigo on Storm: have you tried the latest Alpha version? it has many improvements and memory fixes ... also a new version is coming out in a week or so that has MANY MANY enhancements ...

cheers
    06-10-09 10:58 AM
    There's a number of threads about problems with Viigo. Personally It lasted about 2 days on one of my Blackberrys. I hated the thing. It was a real memory hog and caused a lot of memory leaks.

I now use the free Thompson Reuters app that I got from the BlackBerry App store. This runs fine and gives me all the feeds I need even if some of the feeds themselves have problems - but that's not the app.
    06-10-09 11:59 AM
    There's a number of threads about problems with Viigo. Personally It lasted about 2 days on one of my Blackberrys. I hated the thing. It was a real memory hog and caused a lot of memory leaks.
    My experience as well.
    06-10-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD