I assume they have some sort of insight as to what is on everyone's "My World". If they track by mass number of downloads they won't be able to better market AppWorld. They should only be using those "# of apps downloaded" stats when comparing to the iPhone.

AppWorld still lacks quality. In my experience, at least 80-90% of the apps I download are deleted in the first ten minutes after I realize one of the following:

- It isn't compatible with my device, or if it is, "compatibility mode" for the Storm offers just a rough navigation system.
    - Huge memory leak.
    - Crappy UI.
    - You actually have to register, send in all your info, then get bothered to pay at every instance for something that has more than just 2 levels, etc...

Do you delete most of your apps from AppWorld too? Hopefully RIM realizes AppWorld isn't a huge success based JUST on # of downloads. They must be smarter than that!
    08-13-09 01:02 PM
    as the time goes on the app developers will get better with the UI of the touchscreen. Ive downloaded a couple that i didnt care for but if you do your research on the app before you should be able to see if its going to do what you want.
    08-13-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD