Hi guys, I just bought memory booster from app world and was wondering if its just a gimmick.
    In the MB app it says I have 101mb after boosting but in the actual BB memory menu it says I only have 86mb.

Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 04:44 AM
    Hi guys, I just bought memory booster from app world and was wondering if its just a gimmick.
    In the MB app it says I have 101mb after boosting but in the actual BB memory menu it says I only have 86mb.

Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

No. This and applications like this that claim to boost your memory do nothing more than what the native memory cleaner (garbage collector) already does when it's ready anyway.

1) A waste of money
    2) A wast of download time
    3) A waste of application memory on your device
    4) Why the heck are you using crAppworld to make purchases? lol.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-04-10 at 05:25 AM.
    09-04-10 05:12 AM
    These apps use at least if not more memory than they can recover, so there's not point having them on your BB.
    09-04-10 06:28 AM
    These apps use at least if not more memory than they can recover, so there's not point having them on your BB.
    Yeah thought as much. I thought RIM had to approve apps before allowing them to be sold through app world so why do they allow ones that just waste money?
    Oh well, at least it was on "special"

09-04-10 02:32 PM
    I removed this program after updated newer OS, and I will never install this kind of soft anymore.

It's not working.

09-04-10 02:49 PM
    had it and removed it.
    09-04-10 03:16 PM
    I don't know about you guys, but I cannot be without Memory Booster. I have an 8330 so obviously memory is always an issue. For those who are expecting this app to somehow clear up space, I think that is an unrealistic expectation. What I know is that this app allows my other apps to work flawlessly and quickly. I have a particular issue with my Scanner Radio app. I have great difficulty connecting to the scanner I wish to listen to. It either takes forever or does not connect at all. If I run Memory Booster, I connect to the scanner almost instantly. That is proof enough for me. In addition, I find that Vlingo makes a better connection and interprets my voice better after a memory boost. Some have claimed that Memory Booster merely recovers memory that the phone would recover on its own and perhaps there is truth to this, I don't know. If it's true, Memory Booster recovers it much more quickly and for someone who switches apps regularly, that alone is worth the download. So for me, yes, Memory Booster DOES work.
    09-06-10 07:11 PM
    I tried memory booster and it didn't do anything at all. I tried a few of these memory apps and the only one that worked was BerryJoose. I am not sure how it works, but clearly my bb worked much better and faster after I installed it. So I don't think this types of apps are hocus pocus, but clearly some work and most don't.
    09-07-10 01:41 PM
    i have tested the MEMORY BOOSTER by S4BB on appsworld on my bb9780. i ran the application parallel to the inbuilt memory cleaner application on the BB & found that the results were same. In a BB9780 OS6, RIM has provided in the options to check the RAM usage/CPU Usage/Applications Memory Usage. THE MEMORY BOOSTER APPLICATION BY S4BB gave similar results to the inbuilt garbage collector application. MOREOVER, the MEMORY BOOSTER by S4BB consumes additional 150 kb to 1.5 MB while running the background & consumes more memory while actually collecting garbage. So why pay for an application, which you already have on your BB?????

I HAD ALSO POSTED my above review on APPSWORLD, but they deleted/removed the same.

Friends, dont buy this application. It is a waste of time, money & memory.

I don't know about you guys, but I cannot be without Memory Booster. I have an 8330 so obviously memory is always an issue. For those who are expecting this app to somehow clear up space, I think that is an unrealistic expectation. What I know is that this app allows my other apps to work flawlessly and quickly. I have a particular issue with my Scanner Radio app. I have great difficulty connecting to the scanner I wish to listen to. It either takes forever or does not connect at all. If I run Memory Booster, I connect to the scanner almost instantly. That is proof enough for me. In addition, I find that Vlingo makes a better connection and interprets my voice better after a memory boost. Some have claimed that Memory Booster merely recovers memory that the phone would recover on its own and perhaps there is truth to this, I don't know. If it's true, Memory Booster recovers it much more quickly and for someone who switches apps regularly, that alone is worth the download. So for me, yes, Memory Booster DOES work.
    02-15-11 10:42 AM
    ETW11, ditch memorybooster and use the link in my sig about the advanced engineering screen to learn how to do what MB does without wasting the device memory it takes.
    I had an 8330, and that's what I did.
    02-15-11 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD