I have had my BB Curve for about two weeks now and when I got it the Facebook app was already on it. I set it up with my account but it never tells me when I have a message or some other type of notification. I have been able to update my status and send messages through it but I thought it would be a 2-way app not a 1-way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 01:57 PM
    mine doesn't tell me when i have a message either. im not sure.
    Welcome to CB tho.
    09-24-08 03:57 PM
    You have to be sure the address you use for FB is on your BB as well. Also, check your FB settings to be sure you have it set to send you alerts etc.
    09-24-08 04:03 PM
    My FB app used to have a small icon on the top of the screen to notify me of new messages but it never vibrated or beeped. I dont have a data plan anymore because I'm roaming (without EDGE )so I dont use the app.
    09-24-08 04:23 PM
    mine puts the little icon up top with a star on the little facebook icon. it doesn't beep or blink or anything.....but i think i set it up to be that way.
    so- yes......in your profiles-options-advanced menu stuff i think u can set all this up for facebook
    09-24-08 04:35 PM
    Few days ago I was playing around with my FB settings and realised for my mobile FB settings many alerts were off by default so I changed some of them.

So go to your FB account settings and check it there.

09-24-08 04:50 PM
    its supposed to let you know when ever you get mail mine does
    09-24-08 05:04 PM
    Yes you have to put your bb email address as your contact email (do this on your comp). I had my gmail which is also on my device and I never got my fb notifications on my bb. until I changed it to my bb addy is when I started getting my notifications.

09-25-08 01:07 PM
    I only get friend requests, event invites, pokes. I dont get messages and would love a way to post items! Come'on facebook update already!
    09-25-08 01:16 PM
    I just got a curve as well (t-mobile) and my facebook app isn't working either.

I had the pearl previously and had no problems.
    09-26-08 08:48 AM
    My FB app on my bb used to give me notifications with the star above the icon... It doesn't notify me anymore and I don't know why. Everytime I go to my mobile site off my bb, I have about 20 to 30 notifications which my bb didn't recieve. I think it is an issue with connection.
    11-02-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD