I am thinking about buying BerryBuzz and I was wondering if it is one of those programs that is always running in the background, like BBM or Browser. Or, do you install it, apply your settings the way you want them, and then close the program, and your LED alerts still work the way you set them while the program was running?

Thanks.
    08-20-09 10:32 AM
    It doesn't run in the background. When you download it, it places a new option in your Options menu. If you click on the icon, it just resets your alerts to default.
    08-20-09 10:59 AM
    It works great for me and NO memory loss.
    08-20-09 11:00 AM
    Ok, I got BerryBuzz because I was reading a thread about having it bring alot of different features to the phone, including like the vibe and ring thing and then also the light blinking and different things. But...now that I've read the above...I have no clue how to work it obviously and have reset whatever it is that it resets, like 10 times trying to figure it out. Can anyone explain? Or should I make a new thread one what it does exactly and how?
    I just got my Blackberry like last Friday btw so...I'm numb dumb still. Can't figure out much of anything.
    Thanks!
    08-20-09 11:06 AM
    Wow that hurt my head. If you go to options > berrybuzz you will see were you can change the led colors for what ever you want. I just got it last night. It is still a little weird seeing green and blue led flash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 01:46 PM
    Wow that hurt my head. If you go to options > berrybuzz you will see were you can change the led colors for what ever you want. I just got it last night. It is still a little weird seeing green and blue led flash.
    Fwiw, after I installed Berrybuzz, it was not showing up in my options. After a battery pull it was there.

I now have a nice LED rainbow of alerts going on, and I can see that I will most likely have to buck up for this app once my trial version is over!
    08-28-09 04:03 PM
    It doesn't run in the background. When you download it, it places a new option in your Options menu. If you click on the icon, it just resets your alerts to default.

Just because an icon does not show up in the app switcher does not mean it is not running.

How do you think an app can control something like the LED if it is not running? Seriously, think about it.
    08-28-09 04:10 PM
    I use the disco light to notify me when there is email.
    08-28-09 04:29 PM
    i use disco for signal and data. i love it
    08-28-09 04:33 PM
    I use the disco light to notify me when there is email.
    Disco light? That's just silly. I'll never in 100 years use something as silly as that!

<100 nanoseconds later>

Ok, I now have disco light set up as my calendar alert. Totally cool LOL!
    08-28-09 04:59 PM
    The disco light is the best.
    09-11-09 10:01 AM
    I HAVE to buy this app right now!
    09-11-09 10:20 AM
    One of my favorite applications, Amber. You can set LED colors for BBM, Facebook, Yahoo IM, GoogleTalk, I love it!
    09-11-09 10:35 AM
    Awesome app, one of the best that I have on my Tour. The latest version has allows you to choose an LED color as indication that Tour is charging, which is way better than the hard-to-notice lighting icon on the screen itself. Helps tremendously as sometimes I don't position the phone in the charging pod properly from the first try. Of course, I have I Charge Cool app which makes charging more fun
    09-11-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD