Hi all,

I'm new here and have been trying to find a program similar to a screen capture program...but one that I can actually work off of my PC when my device is connected. I had one for my Moto Q called True Connect.

It basically brings your phone to your pc screen and enables you to send text messages, emails, add, customize or delete stuff, etc...all from your pc.

Does anyone know of such a program?

Thanks in advance!
    02-22-08 07:43 PM
    Hmmm... Never heard of such a thing. Would like to have one as well! I'll do some digging.
    02-22-08 07:52 PM
    Thanks Click!! I'd really appreciate that :-) I've been looking for 3 days now. The only things I've found are screen capture programs. I guess I got spoiled...hehehe...
    02-22-08 07:59 PM
    im not sure about SMS and such, but Bayalink Solutions Corp. will use your BB to send emails and view pdf and spreadsheets. although it costs 99CDN per year.
    02-22-08 08:02 PM
    Here's one option:
    Bayalink Solutions Corp.
    02-22-08 08:03 PM
    You know, thats all I'm coming up with is that baylink. May be the only choice!
    Hmmm... I'll keep digging tho.
    02-22-08 08:04 PM
    Seems like a decent product, im just not a fan of the recurring charge, per year.
    02-22-08 08:04 PM
    I actually was just looking at that...kinda pricey though. Hmmmm........
    02-22-08 08:06 PM
    I wonder if they offer just a software download. I've got bluetooth on my laptop, don't need a dongle. just wondering.
    02-22-08 08:07 PM
    for the same price you can get a BT folding keyboard from the store, if you just want to type faster, seems like the better option to me. Although i don't mind typing with my 2 thumbs, i can type faster on my BB than on my PC.
    (I never learned to touch-type, and use 2 fingers from each hand on my PC)

*****EDIT***** WOOHOO 200th post!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 02-22-08 at 08:12 PM.
    02-22-08 08:08 PM
    I wonder if they offer just a software download. I've got bluetooth on my laptop, don't need a dongle. just wondering.
    They make it seem like its not just a dongle, but who knows? Although, if you were to buy it WITH the "key" as they call it, you could plug that into any laptop. Seems like it has the PC side of the program built into it, as in the video it says there is a program to install on the BB, and makes no mention of a PC install,
    02-22-08 08:11 PM
    The program I had for both my Q and a PPC before that was just that...a program. Paid for it once - installed it into both the PC (laptop) and the device.

You have options to include it in your startup programs so it's always active or have it open once your device is connected. You even have the option to 'auto hide' the window so once you're done with it, it 'pops' up, down or to the side of your screen.

There's no 'dongle' or any other external items needed. I'm really surprised there's nothing available - well, at least nothing any of us know about...yet.
    02-22-08 08:19 PM
    I think I found one!! I'm going to try it out and I'll let you know if it works!!

GRRRRRRRR!!! Nope :-(
    Last edited by SherryB; 02-22-08 at 10:30 PM.
    02-22-08 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD