I only ask because if I use Quickpull I end up with the same amount of free memory as I do by using the three fingure salute.
    Also some sites say that it simulates a 'soft' reset'?

Paul

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:09 AM
    Yes I do use quickpull. My memory usually goes back to fresh OS install level.

09-16-09 02:25 AM
    I use Meterberry...it gives you a ton of phone stats plus does the reset device....awesome app.....
    09-16-09 02:27 AM
    the three finger salute does the same thing quickpull does.
    09-16-09 02:33 AM
    I use QuickPull; it's a little easier than pulling the back off I suppose, but not quite as quick :P

09-16-09 02:50 AM
    Quick Pull runs every morning before I get up to ensure the best avail memory for every day!

09-16-09 02:52 AM
    alt + right shift + delete is quicker. if i get quickpull and set it up to reboot every morning before i wake up, would the phone go back to being keypad locked as it was before the pull.
    09-16-09 02:52 AM
    I use Quickpull
    you can Setting, Your quickpull,
    if u Use Quickpull Pro To Reset Automaticly if your bb Get the Low Memory..." and the Memory Ussualy Get Back
    09-16-09 02:53 AM
    Read from other forums that Quickpull consumes memories as well however insignificant. Since alt/ctrl/del does the same trick. Opted out of this.
    09-16-09 03:00 AM
    alt + right shift + delete is quicker. if i get quickpull and set it up to reboot every morning before i wake up, would the phone go back to being keypad locked as it was before the pull.
    QuickPull will not work if it is locked. If you purchase the Pro version it will notifiy you that it didn't run because of being locked.
    09-17-09 09:02 AM
    QuickPull will not work if it is locked. If you purchase the Pro version it will notifiy you that it didn't run because of being locked.
    That is the dealbreaker right there. It's just too easy for me to do a manual three finger reset anyway.
    09-17-09 09:49 AM
    I use quickpull and i like it quite well, but the three finger method is pretty easy as well
    09-17-09 10:02 AM
    yes I use Quickpull and works great except when the phone is locked it does not work, there should be a bypass option for the password.
    09-17-09 10:59 AM
    I would suspect if a way to bypass that were found by a developer that RIM would patch that security hole pretty quick. It is the nature of the security that RIM has implemented in the OS.
    09-17-09 11:17 AM
    No, I just use the three-finger salute. Hold down ALT, then RIGHT-SHIFT, then BACKSPACE. The BB will reboot, even if the unit is locked.

Rob
    09-17-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD