I can't be the only one who thinks the BB Facebook App sucks. The only "notifications" it gives me are to tell me that I've uploaded a photo (well duh) and occasionally to inform me that I've posted a link (double duh). I don't know, I have everything set up properly but it just won't notify me of comments or mails from people.

So, I just access Facebook from my browser. It works perfectly and leaves me thinking there is no point whatsoever to have the Facebook App, except that it gives you a "send to Facebook" option in your photo menu. However, why in the **** doesn't it give you a similar menu option in your browser to share a page? All it gives you is a "send link to Facebook" option which, well, sends a URL. Try as I might, I cannot get one web page's "share" button to work in the BB browser, so such an option would be invaluable.
    07-16-10 11:51 PM
    I use the FB app. It's definitely not the greatest app though I actually get notifications if someone replied to a comment i made, post, etc etc. Sometimes i do notice that i might not get all the feeds as if i was using it on an actual computer but other than that i get pretty much the same notifications as i do on the computer.

Except a few times it probably went whack and didnt.

Maybe you can try to uninstall it and download it by going onto your browser to facebook.com and download it from there? Thats what i did and got the latest version.
    07-17-10 04:50 AM
    I have not used it and will never use it I guess. I like to access facebook through my PC.
    07-17-10 05:39 AM
    I've used it since I got my bb about 4 months ago, I love how its integrated into my contacts and messages. However, I've recently stopped using the app to browse facebook because I've grown tired of how slow it is to 'refresh stream' and change pages and view posts. I hear that the new version that's in beta right now is a lot quicker so I can't wait to get mt hands on it.
    For now I just use the app to get messages about pm's, posts and updates. To actually view facebook I use the blackberry browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 06:44 AM
    Notifications are controlled by Facebook, not the BB application. Go to account settings and look at the Notifications tab to make sure notifications are turned on.

And your right the application needs work. Hope this helps
    07-17-10 09:30 AM
    I initially used a good amount. Now iif I am going to do more on fb than just quick look at updates, I will go to the stnd website. I think I will remove it fairly soon as it isn't all that great as you mentioned.

07-17-10 11:49 AM
    FB 1.8 dramatically improves the speed at which the news feed refreshes, your friends list loads, and photos load. And the best thing about FB for the BB is the push notification of whatever FB notifications you want.

If you aren't getting these notifications, you don't know how to use either FB and/or the BB app for FB. I would learn how to use an app first before I started a thread slamming that app. Just sayin'.

07-17-10 01:09 PM
    I just installed the beta version and WOW it seems a lot snappier if this keeps up ill use it all the time rather than the browser.

07-17-10 02:10 PM
    I use it, have no issues at all. Haven't tried the beta version yet.
    07-17-10 02:35 PM
    I just installed the beta version and WOW it seems a lot snappier if this keeps up ill use it all the time rather than the browser.

do you have a link or version number? is this different that what's on the App World for the Facebook program?
    07-17-10 11:18 PM
    I can't be the only one who thinks the BB Facebook App sucks. The only "notifications" it gives me are to tell me that I've uploaded a photo (well duh) and occasionally to inform me that I've posted a link (double duh). I don't know, I have everything set up properly but it just won't notify me of comments or mails from people.

So, I just access Facebook from my browser. It works perfectly and leaves me thinking there is no point whatsoever to have the Facebook App, except that it gives you a "send to Facebook" option in your photo menu. However, why in the **** doesn't it give you a similar menu option in your browser to share a page? All it gives you is a "send link to Facebook" option which, well, sends a URL. Try as I might, I cannot get one web page's "share" button to work in the BB browser, so such an option would be invaluable.
    In order for Notifications to work properly for the BB FaceBook app, you need to have the e-mail you use to login to your FaceBook and the e-mail setup to your BlackBerry be the same - the one you use for push e-mails in BlackBerry.

Hope this helps.
    07-18-10 12:47 AM
    do you have a link or version number? is this different that what's on the App World for the Facebook program?
    There is a thread with the link and instructions in the 3rd party software section of this site.

07-18-10 06:13 AM
    I just downgraded back to 1.7. I couldn't get push notifacations to work properly and that's the best part of the fb app. They worked but not all the time. It is beta and I'm not the only one having this issue. I'm going back to using the app for notifacations and the browser to view fb until 1.8 is out of beta.

07-18-10 09:29 AM
    When I had my Bold, I used the app constantly. Was nice to upload pictures.
    07-18-10 09:56 AM
    I have not used it and will never use it I guess. I like to access facebook through my PC.
    Exactly.

I enjoy Facebook, but I can't think of anything worse than having constant alerts sent through to tell me that my friend has liked something I've written.

It'd drive me insane.
    07-18-10 02:25 PM
    I use it only because of the "send to facebook" in pictures folder and the contact sync so that lots of my contacts can have images.

If it weren't for those two features I'd save my app memory and use the mobile site.
    07-19-10 01:07 AM
    I Was using it, but got tired of it constantly hanging up the system when you close out (Close out, the phone get's choppy, ALT+ESC and there it is still in the running tasks for several minutes...).

I also noticed that my brand new 9700 was barely getting through half a day on a charge. Mind you, I'm a heavy user, but still. After removing FB, I find I can get through the whole day (No other changes to my phone).

The mobile site you access through the Default browser does miss some features (Hey, it's a watered down MOBILE version). I use Bolt Browser and go right to Welcome to Facebook (not the mobile site) and it's almost like using accessing FB through FireFox on my PC.
    07-19-10 10:03 AM
    I use it, it's not great, but no issues either. Anxiously awaiting 1.8
    07-19-10 10:06 AM
    I use it, but only occasionally. Mainly to keep up with what my friends are posting. I can post things and respond to wall posts, but I can't upload photos anymore. I used to be able to, but now it fails every single time. The mobile site is not any better for uploading photos because the "browse" button doesn't work - it stalls out my Pearl for a few seconds every time I get near it and I can never actually click on it. Using the email method works but it uploads with my full email signiture intack, which I don't want, and can't edit until I get home and edit it out on my PC.

07-19-10 11:56 AM
    Exactly.

I enjoy Facebook, but I can't think of anything worse than having constant alerts sent through to tell me that my friend has liked something I've written.

It'd drive me insane.
    It's pretty easy to turn off those types of notifications and only leave on the ones you wish to receive. It's a god app for me because I only get certain notifications sent to me and for most others I just check on my laptop.
    07-19-10 11:57 AM
    I use it sometimes...usually just to upload photos and what not.
    07-19-10 01:00 PM
    I only use it to send pics to FB and to update my status so that it shows up that I'm using a BB so my friends/fam that didn't know that I have a BB can ask me for my pin...and vice versa...other than that I just use the mobile browser to access FB...
    07-19-10 01:42 PM
    Nope. Just to upload pics from my phone... Social scope does the rest...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-19-10 01:44 PM
    i use it.....
    07-19-10 03:04 PM
    I only use the facebook app to update my status and check notifications because I have them set up which can be extremely annoying sometimes. I used to use it to look at status updates and news feed updates but I usually just go on facebook on my browser for that. Sending pictures through the app stopped working for me for I email my pics to facebook instead. IMHO, the app is way too slow for me on my curve to use the other functions like finding friends and commenting people. I dunno if it is because my phones slow or I just have a lot of facebook friends and it makes it take a long time to load.
    07-19-10 07:22 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD