Thought I caight a post that said this app comes with v4.5. I just installed 4.5 and don't see it?
    11-17-08 01:24 PM
    Actually, I "caught" a post, not "caight" one
    11-17-08 01:24 PM
    Plug back into your PC, open DM>apploader. Select add remove applications, scroll down the list and put a checkmark in the box next to documents to go. Click next, finish to load it to your berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 11-17-08 at 01:40 PM.
    11-17-08 01:29 PM
    It doesn't install by default. Use Desktop Manager to add applications. Scroll thru the list and make sure that it is checked.
    11-17-08 01:30 PM
    After you install 4.5 connect your 8300 to the PC and run DM. Go into the application loader and you should see DTG. Clink on the box to the left and click next and DM will install it. After it is installed open DTG and tap the menu key and register the product. Once you register go back to the menu key and check for updates. After you update to the latest version you will have Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Keep in mind that with this free version you are limited as to what you can do.
    11-17-08 01:30 PM
    And after you have done all that, be sure to follow these instructions so the D2G upgrade is not is not removed the next time you use apploader.

Originally Posted by John Clark
    If you do an OS upgrade after you have this new version of Docs To Go installed do the following before loading the new OS:

1. Navigate to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/loader files/<your BBModel and OS version>/
    2. Rename DocumentsToGo.alx to DocumentsToGo.old.
    3. Install the OS (or continue with my edits as outlined in the Optimize your BB Memory thread.)

This way when Apploader is run, the loader will pick up Docs to Go as a 3rd party app and back it up and restore it normally. If you don't delete or rename the DocumentsToGo.alx file the loading process will downgrade the Docs To Go to the version included in the OS. We'll have to do this until RIM includes the new version in the OS packages.
    11-17-08 01:40 PM
    Docs to Go isn't shown on the list on the left. Seems that only the apps already on the Berry are listed.
    11-17-08 01:52 PM
    And after you have done all that, be sure to follow these instructions so the D2G upgrade is not is not removed the next time you use apploader.

Originally Posted by John Clark
    If you do an OS upgrade after you have this new version of Docs To Go installed do the following before loading the new OS:

1. Navigate to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/loader files/<your BBModel and OS version>/
    2. Rename DocumentsToGo.alx to DocumentsToGo.old.
    3. Install the OS (or continue with my edits as outlined in the Optimize your BB Memory thread.)

This way when Apploader is run, the loader will pick up Docs to Go as a 3rd party app and back it up and restore it normally. If you don't delete or rename the DocumentsToGo.alx file the loading process will downgrade the Docs To Go to the version included in the OS. We'll have to do this until RIM includes the new version in the OS packages.
    CrackMem'll do all that for you with a couple of clicks.
    11-17-08 02:29 PM
    Okay, so I'm a dummy. I followed the instructions above. When I connect upt to DM DTG STILL doesn't appear. Also, what is CrackMem?
    11-18-08 08:58 AM
    Okay, so I'm a dummy. I followed the instructions above. When I connect upt to DM DTG STILL doesn't appear. Also, what is CrackMem?
    Did you add a check mark to DTG or are you unable to see DTG available to add/remove? I am unable to see it, however I didn't run my 4.5 install off this computer at work. I believe you need to click the "Browse" button and search for the *alx,*ali files for DTG from that computer which I'll do another time from home.
    11-18-08 10:28 AM
    Good thing I read this thread because I had no clue DTG was even an option for the upgrade. Thank you for the insight
    Last edited by Rwagner304; 11-18-08 at 10:42 AM.
    11-18-08 10:39 AM
    I do not see it listed at all on the left pane. I will try to browse for it and let you know.
    11-18-08 12:38 PM
    Okay, I browsed for the .alx file and when I clicked Open, I got the following error message: "No additional applications designed for your device were found". And then the operation just stops. Any ideas?
    11-18-08 12:46 PM
    Finally got it. This is where renaming the DocumentsToGo.alx file to DocumentsToGo.old comes in. After renaming the file, the operation works!
    11-18-08 12:48 PM
    ok so i got the documents to go but its thw 1.05.03 verison not the one in the phone thats the 1.00.80 version or something like that, the phone version has only words, and power point.

the 1.05.03 version has exel,words, and power point
    11-19-08 02:25 AM
    update so the 1.05.03 verison is no good unless u buy it, so i just got the 1.00.8 now
    11-19-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD