On sale until Nov. 15th 2009.
    Just upgraded today..
    Well worth it. Now while in sheet to go, I can alt-shift once to lock num lock!! Yea.

I can now open PDFs, and sync to computer with the desktop manager.

Life is good.
    11-02-09 04:38 PM
    New licenses are still $70.
    11-02-09 05:44 PM
    Is this 2.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 07:59 PM
    Just upgraded today..
    Well worth it. Now while in sheet to go, I can alt-shift once to lock num lock!! I can now open PDFs, and sync to computer with the desktop manager.
    I might do the upgrade just because I like the app and think it's always a good idea to support people who produce good products but I've used Docs2Go for a LONG time and never really have seen any advantage to the Premium package.

Don't really access PDFs and all the other features seem pretty weak.

Work around to creating new docs is just to leave empty .doc and .xls files on your media card.

Is there really a compelling case for the Premium package? No one has ever been able to give me one. Again, may just do the upgrade because DataViz has a good product but the features of the Premium upgrade seem pretty lame.
    11-02-09 08:55 PM
    New licenses are still $70.
    What device are you using? Unless it's OLD, the basic Docs2Go edition is now a free installation for all newer BlackBerrys.
    11-02-09 08:57 PM
    Even with an empty doc, you still need the premium to go into edit mode. I use it all the time for creating and editing documents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 09:18 PM
    Even with an empty doc, you still need the premium to go into edit mode. I use it all the time for creating and editing documents.
    Not at all. I create and edit docs all the time and I'm just using the standard edition. Never a problem. Ever.
    11-02-09 09:21 PM
    Not at all. I create and edit docs all the time and I'm just using the standard edition. Never a problem. Ever.
    You can't create a document unless you saved a blank doc or upgrade, you can edit with the standard tho...
    11-02-09 09:27 PM
    Is this 2.0?
    Important notice. I did not know there was a maintenance update to Docs2Go. I'd been running 1.7 which I'd updated not that long ago.

If you are using Docs2Go, you may want to do the update to the new 2.0 edition. I just did.

Thanks es_bih for pointing this out.
    11-02-09 09:28 PM
    You can't create a document unless you saved a blank doc or upgrade, you can edit with the standard tho...
    If you go up 3 posts, you'll see that I already pointed this out.
    11-02-09 09:29 PM
    I checked for update to preminum on the doc to go web page and it listed the price as 69.00? How do I get to the sale?
    11-02-09 09:47 PM
    I, also, would like to know if that sale price is available for those of us who got basic Docs2go with out BB's?
    11-03-09 08:35 AM
    just went to the website, it's now $29.99 for premium & still a good buy.
    11-03-09 09:29 AM

Docs to Go Prem. on Sale for $14.99 !!

Just upgraded today..
    Well worth it. Now while in sheet to go, I can alt-shift once to lock num lock!! Yea.

I can now open PDFs, and sync to computer with the desktop manager.

Life is good.
    Billy, you know you can't just drive by & shout "SALE!!" and then disappear without any details.

Please let us know where we need to go for this deal.

The best I have found is on my BB, when I choose to upgrade I can get 49.95 upgrade price, but even that is too steep!

Billy, where aaaarrreee yyooooouuuuu????
    Last edited by _dave_; 11-03-09 at 09:42 AM.
    11-03-09 09:40 AM
    just went to the website, it's now $29.99 for premium & still a good buy.

Please post a link. Dataviz.com gives me 69.99 for Documents to Go 2.0.

Thanks!
    11-03-09 10:06 AM
    This is the best I can do for a link Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone as upgrades seem to be device specific.

My personal take on Docs-T-Go is that it is about the most grossly overpriced piece of software for your BlackBerry that exists for normal use (non-medical, scientific, etc.). However it is it a highly reliable and works Well. V2 is even better but again the $29 proce tag on top of the $69 purchase price is really just too high when you consider the price of MS Office 2007 Home and Student 3 pack at $111 Amazon.com: meditions office 2007 home and student+
    11-03-09 10:14 AM
    Thanks for the links, Pete.

I was hoping for 29.99 for new license, but I guess that may be too much to expect from retail of $70 (ouch!).

It is a great program, though. If I would use it more than a couple of times per day or needed the premium features, I'd probably still buy it.

I'll just get by with free version (still a great app!) until I need to purchase.

Thanks everyone for their input.
    11-03-09 10:31 AM
    As a coincidence, I just got an email from DataViz about this new 2.0 upgrade ... here's what the email claims:

Premium Edition 2.0 Features

Desktop app for file synchronization - Easily sync your files and any edits between your Windows computer and BlackBerry smartphone via USB cable

Advanced PDF To Go - New features include search/find and copy text, bookmarks and more

Create new Word, Excel and PowerPoint files

Use password-protected Office 2007 files - Now open and edit your secure Word and Excel 97-2007 files

File browser/explorer - our 'Documents To Go Files' app provides one centralized location where you can conveniently access and manage (delete, rename, copy and paste) your MS Office, PDF, and image files without having to navigate between programs

Spell checking and view tracked changes in Word files, charting and sorting in Excel files as well as other advanced formatting options for your files

And more... all for only $9.99!
    11-03-09 12:50 PM
    I got the same email...and just upgraded.
    11-03-09 02:46 PM
    I just tried to do the maint. update to 2.0 and it said download failed. Guess it doesn't like my leaked OS 5 on my Tour... even though it says 4.7 and above.
    11-03-09 02:59 PM
    I got the $9.99 email as well! Sweet!
    11-03-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD