I have Documents To Go premium (1.005) loaded on my Curve. Sheet To Go and Slideshow To Go worked just fine. Every time I tried to open or create a file in Word To Go, I got the following error messages:
    The application Word To Go has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

Permission to your files was denied. Please configure your application permissions appropriately.
    The IT policy errors were bogus, because I'm running BIS. For anyone else having similar problems with Docs To Go, here's a 2-step solution I got from a CrackBerry forums user. (Thanks, cdf3!!!) Some people were suggesting disabling the firewall. You DON'T have to do that:

Go into Options > Security Options > Application Permissions > Documents To Go > Menu Key > Edit Permissions

1) Set all permissions for Connections, Interactions and User Data to "Allow"

2) Highlight "Word To Go" module (or whichever module is causing problems) > Menu Key > Edit Permissions > Reset Firewall Prompts
    Last edited by InjunJim; 01-07-09 at 02:07 PM.
    01-07-09 02:03 PM
    I tried the above solution and still get the same error message:

"Permission to your files was denied. Please configure your application permissions appropriately."

I've reinstalled Docs To Go, verified security settings, made sure there are no IT policies and verified permissions...Any other ideas? I didn't have this issue until I updated to 1.005 and it's only a problem with Sheet-To-Go.
    Last edited by finder216; 01-15-09 at 11:34 AM.
    01-15-09 10:04 AM
    I found the solution to my problem:

For anyone else having problems with Docs To Go, here's a 2-step solution I got from another forum. You DON'T have to disable the firewall:

Go into Options > Security Options > Application Permissions > Documents To Go > Menu Key > Edit Permissions

1) Set all permissions for Connections, Interactions and User Data to "Allow"

2) Highlight "Word To Go" module (or which module is causing problems) > Menu Key > Edit Permissions > Reset Firewall Prompts
    01-15-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD