Downloaded 4.5 software, but went back to 4.2 because of ringtone issue. Fixed that, but didn't get Doc2Go this time when I redownloaded 4.5.

I have gone to app loader and there is no box to check to add. Even re-downloaded. can anyone help. I lost a lot of sleep on this.
    09-14-08 07:46 PM
    I didnt see this as well.

I downloaded .77
    09-15-08 09:27 AM
    Go into your app loader on BB Desktop, check the Docs to go box, it is not checked by default. Next time you synch the bb it will load.
    09-15-08 03:34 PM
    thanks Jabruno, however it is not showing up in my app loader. I do see it when I go to c/programms/common files/rim/shared/java. Some how the app laoder is over looking it. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 07:51 PM
    If you went back to OS4.2, I'd expect DTG wouldn't show because of an app/OS dependency coded somewhere. In other words, AppLoader won't display it as an option unless the device OS is 4.5.0 or later.

Wasn't sure if you've reinstalled OS4.5 on your PC yet, but that might be a start.
    09-15-08 08:35 PM
    yes. I have re-installed 4.5. The crazy thing is the docs 2 go is in the java folder. Really frustrating, the app is a nice thing to have. Just wondering how I can load it?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 10:04 PM
    I'm guessing here, so ...

Did you delete the vendor.xml file and/or run CrackMem? If the vendor.xml file is there, AppLoader won't look at the contents.

Could you browse for the DocumentsToGo.alx file and add it manually? I hestitate to throw that out as I don't know if that would work or makes things worse if there is something more fundamental that's causing the problem.

My DTG files are in the java folder as well. AppLoader shows "downgrade" DTG and shows SheetToGo as an unrecognized app. Both are because I did the OTA upgrade after first installing 4.5, so that seems normal.
    09-15-08 11:20 PM
    Thanks Tom,

All inforation was good, and tried several times.

Interesting note: When I do try to install the Dcoument2go.alx file, by hitting browse in the app loader i get "No additional applications designed for your devise". Now each time i loaded the 4.5 software, i had to reload a few applications manually, i.e facebook and each time it would say on my device that it was already on my device, woudl I want to overwrite it. (However I would never see the icon.

Is it possaible to ahve the servcie on my device, but not see it? I check options- advanced - applications and do not see it?
    09-17-08 12:03 AM
    Got it! Someone post on another form:

Register with dataviz, log into their site and send yourself an email with an OTA link.

I did, and when I think when i originally got 4.5 I resitered. They sent me the Registration and then the download.

So all good. Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.
    09-17-08 12:34 AM
    Is there a fee for using this software?
    09-17-08 08:04 AM
    s4bill - the standard edition is included for free with OS4.5. You can buy the Premium addition that comes with addt'l features.
    09-17-08 08:29 AM
    Got it! Someone post on another form:

Register with dataviz, log into their site and send yourself an email with an OTA link.

I did, and when I think when i originally got 4.5 I resitered. They sent me the Registration and then the download.

So all good. Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.
    Actually that might've been me in this thread as I had a similar problem I caused and then fixed yesterday. Didn't realize until just now it would work for you as well.

I've renamed my DocumentsToGo.alx to DocumentsToGo.old so DM will leave it alone from now on. Probably best since Dataviz will only allow you to redownload 5 times. 'Course that shouldn't matter once OS4.5 gets officially released.
    09-17-08 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD