I was prompted from an app that I downloaded through the Blackberry App World to download Google Maps. Seeing as it was coming from an app downloaded through the app world, i gave it a shot. Worst decision of my life. Now my Blackberry Bold 9780 keeps rebooting, without ever completely booting up. I've tried everything I have found on trying to reload the OS, trying to wipe the device, anything and everything that I could possibly think of. I am extremely mad about this and I just wish there was a simple solution, yet I know there isn't. So please, all of you who read this, do me a favor, save yourself the trouble and frustration and don't download any Google apps, as I have read that they are known to cause "Nuked" and "Brick" berries.
    02-04-12 07:35 AM
    I was prompted from an app that I downloaded through the Blackberry App World to download Google Maps. Seeing as it was coming from an app downloaded through the app world, i gave it a shot. Worst decision of my life. Now my Blackberry Bold 9780 keeps rebooting, without ever completely booting up. I've tried everything I have found on trying to reload the OS, trying to wipe the device, anything and everything that I could possibly think of. I am extremely mad about this and I just wish there was a simple solution, yet I know there isn't. So please, all of you who read this, do me a favor, save yourself the trouble and frustration and don't download any Google apps, as I have read that they are known to cause "Nuked" and "Brick" berries.
    I've had that happen on my 9800, when I was using it. A complete wipe should fix it. And it's not a Google maps issue, it's a bad download issue. It wouldn't have mattered what you were downloading and installing. Somewhere in the installation, something didn't complete. I've since reloaded Google maps on my 9800 and my 9810 without any issues.
    02-04-12 08:48 AM
    Been using google maps from 9700 now 9800 and never had an issue just installed it a few days ago and it works just fine

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-04-12 11:10 AM
    Google Maps has been installed on millions of BlackBerries for years.
    02-04-12 12:41 PM
    I have Google Maps, no problems!
    02-04-12 03:43 PM
    I was prompted from an app that I downloaded through the Blackberry App World...
    There's your problem... nothing to do with Google Maps.
    02-04-12 06:31 PM
    Hi, was wondering if anyone could help...

I just checked out the Contacts part of my Gmail from a PC.

There is a (new?) folder called My Contacts which has three new contacts, two of which I have NEVER emailed before or entered into in my Gmail account in any shape or form. They are contacts which I have called from my Blackberry, and in my Gmail Contacts there are the names and their phone number. I use the same Blackberry to access my Gmail account.

The question is, HOW AND WHY have these contacts transferred over to Google? Is it because I use Google Maps on my phone and have given Google consent to access my Blackberry address book?

Either way it is VERY creepy and can someone please tell me how this has happened.

Many thanks.
    04-02-12 07:22 PM
    I never have such issue, it works perfectly

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 01:09 AM
    Updated mine and it seems fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 09:42 AM

There is a (new?) folder called My Contacts which has three new contacts, two of which I have NEVER emailed before or entered into in my Gmail account in any shape or form. They are contacts which I have called from my Blackberry, and in my Gmail Contacts there are the names and their phone number. I use the same Blackberry to access my Gmail account.

The question is, HOW AND WHY have these contacts transferred over to Google? Is it because I use Google Maps on my phone and have given Google consent to access my Blackberry address book?

Either way it is VERY creepy and can someone please tell me how this has happened.

Many thanks.
    Google Maps does not work well on my Bold 9900 and always crashes or says out of memory. Google is always creepy and trying to steal your contacts. Google,Facebook and Whatsapp are pretty much all the same when it comes to stuff like this. Anyone that does not give you the option to sync the contacts that you want or don't want to sync has another agenda on their mind.

I had to pay for this stupid Google Maps application and it does not function properly or run properly either. Waste of money. Works much better on Android device without crashing when you move around during street view. Try clicking on reviews of shops or businesses and see what happens after
    04-04-12 01:04 PM
    No problems with google maps. Still working fine so far.
    04-04-12 01:07 PM
    I've have had Google Maps forever and with no issues. I just had to re-install it and still no problems.
    04-04-12 01:12 PM
    No problems with google maps. Still working fine so far.
    I've have had Google Maps forever and with no issues. I just had to re-install it and still no problems.
    Do you have any screen shots of Google reviews working? If you click on Google reviews for a place can you actually view them and scroll down the list of reviews? Can you actually use street view and mover around for a few blocks without it crashing?
    04-04-12 01:24 PM
    I had to pay for this stupid Google Maps application and it does not function properly or run properly either. Waste of money.
    Why did you pay for an app that's free?
    wolfee48 likes this.
    04-04-12 03:41 PM
    I have no issues using Google Maps on my 9810.
    04-04-12 07:18 PM

Many thanks.
    Go into email setup (BIS settings) and take a look at your pushed gmail account. The last setting when you go to edit it is the synchronization options. The two options are calendar and contacts. Make sure the contacts box isn't checked.
    04-04-12 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD