Hi -

I've perused the threads for ideas for to do software, but nothing so far seems to be what I need.

Any thoughts on software that will allow for the following?

Maintenance/updating/creation of to-do list by someone in the office, with ability to send tasks to user on Blackberry - in other words, two users. I know that todomatrix allows for maintenance on blackberry with syncing to pc, but I need something with an interface that will accommodate two users

Ability to sort tasks by client, and maintain a list of tasks (incomplete AND complete)

Preferably, the ability to denote time spent on task - for billing purposes

Basically, what we need is the ability for a home and remote user to manage and track tasks between the way we would if we were passing an Excel spreadsheet back and forth.

Any ideas? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
    06-16-08 01:17 PM
    Any thoughts on software that will allow for the following?

Maintenance/updating/creation of to-do list by someone in the office, with ability to send tasks to user on Blackberry - in other words, two users. I know that todomatrix allows for maintenance on blackberry with syncing to pc, but I need something with an interface that will accommodate two users
    Tasks by nature/definition are assigned to one delegate/person. In other words, it makes no sense to assign the same task (a do-able item) to two different people. This makes no sense from a management perspective. I think your definition of a "task" is the problem. Try reading GTD, and FTF.

That said, if you are a bit more specific about what you are trying to do, and how you have done it in the past, most likely someone here, or the business forum, or on ToDo Matrix forums can help you to re-conceptualize what you are doing in a way that does indeed make it managable.

Off the top of my head, I'd say you each need your own ToDo Matrix account, and then you need to set up this other person as one of your delegates.

Ability to sort tasks by client, and maintain a list of tasks (incomplete AND complete)

Preferably, the ability to denote time spent on task - for billing purposes
    Task maangement and time management/expensing are two different things. Your management of a task and it's complete has little to do with billable hours spent on that task.

In other words, you are mixing apples and oranges. To track time on projects, I would recommend taking a look at Xpenser - Mobile Expense Tracking and Reporting. You can then expense them to various categories you create as desired and get reports.

Basically, what we need is the ability for a home and remote user to manage and track tasks between the way we would if we were passing an Excel spreadsheet back and forth.
    Passing a spreadsheet back and forth is not an ideal solution for this problem domain, and so you are trying to make better tools fit your poorly designed solution. (No offense). What you need is a better solution/process.

However, you may also want to look at Intelligent online task management | Smartsheet.com.
    06-16-08 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD