As the title suggests, QL seems to be one of the best app's and it appears that most members use it.

I don't think I would use its capabilities re the Hot keys but just from a system point of view it would maybe help keep my 9700 working correctly?

I have downloaded a few themes and berryweather and I don't know if its my imagination but when going into to view photographs in the media section I think it takes longer than it should - I will need to check this against my brothers 9700 which hasn't been altered at all.

I also have capture it, does this run in the back ground and maybe is the cause, meaning QL would be worth it as it replaces the need for capture it?
    01-31-10 01:54 PM
    I use it daily despite not assigning any hotkeys to it. Left convenience key brings it up. It's definitely a time saver and will become more so when I fully configure it. Great little application
    01-31-10 02:16 PM
    Very true, I have downloaded a few themes but to be honest I think im only now going to use classique docked as I like how it looks on the home screen.

I will delete the other ones and see if that makes any difference as I only have the 2 meg card it comes with.

I can see what you mean about it allowing better use of certain themes but so long as I have the classique on I take it I can do without QL

Thanks for the reply.
    01-31-10 02:17 PM
    i like quicklaunch and use it frequently
    01-31-10 02:22 PM
    I use it daily despite not assigning any hotkeys to it. Left convenience key brings it up. It's definitely a time saver and will become more so when I fully configure it. Great little application
    QL is all preference from person to person. It makes jumpinh around to things and doing tasks faster, but u can always do the normal route of finding the app or moving around to the home screen and doing it. Its up to you, but I just recently purchased it along with beweather and I was an avid "don't spend extra money on apps" person. These 2 programs are just too awesome IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That probably sums it up for me, I have only just got this a week ago and being my first BB I probably don't use it to its potential and don't imagine I will. But I can see at times that it is a little bit of a pain going to find certain things on it so Ill give it a little bit more time and no doubt jump to QL

Thanks

Terry
    01-31-10 02:22 PM
    While anyone can get by and may not "need" QL the simplification offered in daily function makes the app well worth the investment. I use QL many times daily to get device information or switch functions. For instance while browsing a message arrives. QL let's me open the message without closing the browser.

Little by little QL is getting organized in ways that make it work ever better. Need? No. Love? Yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 02:23 PM
    Okay I think Ill go get it just now then and be done with it

Not seen a bad word said about it at all so its got to be the best app for a reason!
    01-31-10 02:32 PM
    QuickLaunch does not run in the background btw. Also you're device should run better with QuickLaunch because you should be able to remove some applications you might already have because of the built-in extra functions QL has.
    01-31-10 02:52 PM
    Yes I was aware the QL did not run in the back ground, I was meaning that Capture it possibly did and with QL I know I could remove this? Apart from berryweather and colour id I do not have any other apps so it has to be the themes slowing things down.
    01-31-10 03:08 PM
    themes would definitely be something to look at for slowing a device down
    01-31-10 03:14 PM
    Ok thanks I will delete all themes I am unlikely to use and QL should help tidy the apps up a little.
    01-31-10 03:16 PM
    just a quick question on quicklaunch. Is it possible to use the screen capture to get a picture of the homescreen without the quicklaunch sidebar being in the picture?
    01-31-10 03:51 PM
    Can you not assign it to one of the hotkeys and it allows you to do it that way?
    01-31-10 04:12 PM
    100% has to be the themes slowing it down then, thanks for confirming re capture it.
    01-31-10 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD