Hi,

Do I need to leave the Facebook and Twitter apps open in the background to get notified of new posts from these services, or can I close them and still get notified of new posts?
    12-23-11 07:21 AM
    No for Twitter. Facebook I think is the same too, but I don't use it so I'm not exactly sure.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 12-23-11 at 07:49 AM.
    12-23-11 07:42 AM
    If you receive e-mail notifications from FaceBook, then you do not have to leave it open. Clicking on the link will open FB app automatically(or prompt you to download).

Twitter I am not so sure about. I use SocialScope. I did have to keep Uber running to receive tweets and DMs though.
    12-23-11 07:49 AM
    You don't need to leave them "open". But you need to stay signed in.
    12-23-11 07:55 AM
    You don't need to leave them "open". But you need to stay signed in.
    Pretty much. You can still close the app (not Exit or Shutdown) and receive notifications as long as you're signed in.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 12-23-11 at 08:48 AM.
    12-23-11 08:38 AM
    So I will get the Twitter and Facebook notifications in the notification area even though I close them? Also, what about the BlackBerry News app? Can I close that and still get notifications?
    12-23-11 08:39 AM
    So I will get the Twitter and Facebook notifications in the notification area even though I close them? Also, what about the BlackBerry News app? Can I close that and still get notifications?
    with Blackberry News I think it depends on your settings. There are options to Auto Update and set an Update interval.

I dont Auto update mine to conserve battery life. I just update everything when I open the app instead.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 12-23-11 at 09:00 AM.
    12-23-11 08:50 AM
    Go to options to change the notification time. I have twitter set to one hour. I'm sigh in but have the app closed & it works fine.
    12-23-11 09:27 AM
    Notifications use the RIM's push service so they come through as soon as they are available. For example someone comments on your status, you get the notification within seconds as long as your signed in. It doesn't matter if the App is opened or closed but I'd recommend you close it to save battery life :P
    12-23-11 03:30 PM
    Why not just try it and see what happens?
    12-23-11 04:28 PM
    Does the Facebook app alert you of new feeds or just when you get a PM or a friend request or someone wants to chat, because my Facebook is not alerting me about new feed posts.
    12-23-11 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD