Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Do battery booster apps really work?

I use to run battery booster free and battery booster pro free on my torch. I recently deleted about 10 apps that were just taking up memory, including these two.
    Before deleting those two apps, my phone's battery life could last for 2 days, maybe even 3 with limited use. Now it runs out in 1 day. I'm might just be using the phone just a little more, but how can it drop so fast?
    I was also wondering if charging it from a wall oulet gives it more juice than charging it from a usb port on my pc? I know that the wall charger will charge much faster. 100% fully charge is the same from both charging methods isn't it?

Thanks for reading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Email me at mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com

I am not really sure about the battery booster and do not know it's functionality but as you mentioned it appears that the application indeed helped.
    About the charging, well if the battery is 100% charged, no matter from the USB or the wall it's the same.
    Warm Regards
    Vivek
    If you have an issue and need my assistance, let me know by posting on the blog, or mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com)

"If you have every reason to be sad, then be happy for no reason"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    6,513 Global Posts

The app deletion probably had more to do with the increased battery life than the booster app which, in the past, have taken up space on the device with marginal improvement at best.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    The app deletion probably had more to do with the increased battery life than the booster app which, in the past, have taken up space on the device with marginal improvement at best.

I believe he said that after the app deletion (including deletion of the two battery booster apps) his battery life decreased.

I just added Battery Booster Pro Free a couple of days ago. What improvement there seems to have been hasn't made me go "WOW!" but I certainly wouldn't call it marginal. How about "not insignificant"?
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2709xxx

Default Battery Booster

A battery, for whatever purpose, has a rating. It cannot be changed. The ONLY thing a program that claims to 'boost' battery life could only shut down programs running in the background, which could give you bit more battery life. But the laws of physics are what they are, and other than charging the battery, or dimming the backlight, or again, shutting down background programs, don't waste a penny.
    rretlaf
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rfalter View Post
    A battery, for whatever purpose, has a rating. It cannot be changed. The ONLY thing a program that claims to 'boost' battery life could only shut down programs running in the background, which could give you bit more battery life. But the laws of physics are what they are, and other than charging the battery, or dimming the backlight, or again, shutting down background programs, don't waste a penny.
    The app is free, so there's no worry on that score.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

I tried battery booster free by ab4bb or some company like that. It is working. I just downloaded the pro version.... you had both running at the same time?

The (former) free version really did increase battery life... So I am trying out pro now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi, this is my first post, so i`m saying hello to everyone.
    about the battery booster pro. i was having the same suspicion, thats the reason why i am here, and same reason for creating an account.
    i`m using a blackberry 8900, installed around 5 months ago battery booster pro. i havent noticed any difference, the battery was lasting the same (2-3 days, depending how much i was using it).
    1 month ago, i was cleaning the unneeded applications, including (in my oppinion) baterry booster pro.
    right in the next day i have noticed my battery life shortened to ...! few hours. the battery indicator was showing half battery left, when my camera was warning me that not enough battery to use the flashlight.
    also, i started getting white screens, with the only solution of plugging in the charger.
    as a conclusion, in my oppinion, this software is pretty much the reason of my ruined battery.
    again, this is just my oppinion, and i have posted here, because i kinda understand the one who opened the topic was trying to tell the same thing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi guys , i would just like to ask about my blackberry playbook , i will charge it in to , lets ssy , 5 hours to be 100 perce t fully charged , but it will take maybe 2 hours to use and easily be drained , what should i do ? Whay should i download ?? Thanks a lot .. More power