My Bold broke last week and had to get replacement. With my new device everytime I try to install a new application it delays a lot, keeps reading from memory, and when I finally manage to select the application I want to install and click "Finish" it needs more than 3 minutes to complete the whole operation.

The actual window that is displayed can be found below... Is that normal?? Is there a way to avoid all that delay?

05-20-09 01:17 AM
    That is normal. The process is, scan for existing apps, check for apps to be loaded to your BB, load user selected apps to BB, reboot your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 01:37 AM
    Mine sped up a bit after it makes the initial list the first time.
    05-20-09 01:40 AM
    Well, I accept that it is normal, however i think it takes 3-4 times than before.. Is there any way to avoid that auto update that it makes or any other procedure that is not needed and just proceed to the installation of the application we want to add???
    05-20-09 01:42 AM
    AFAIK, it will always scan your BB first to see what is on there. That is the only way to know if an app is new to your BB.

05-20-09 01:46 AM
    True, but this is done when Add New Application is firstly selected and that was used to be run in DM 4.6 that I was using before. But now this procedure, runs (except at the beginning), just after I click on 'Finish' (after applications have been selected) and needs 2-3 minutes to complete despite the fact that just 1 application has been selected to be added.

Also I just noticed that every time I choose to install or uninstall an application it sais that it updates 4.6 Core Applications... Is that normal?
    05-20-09 01:52 AM
    Maybe it's analogous to updating the registeries in Windows about what apps are on your BB?

05-20-09 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD