There's a new app in App World:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...81648/?lang=en

EnefceDMS (BETA) is a basic version of UPnP media server for your BlackBerry phones. Browse through photos and play MP3 files stored on your BlackBerry phone from DLNA devices(TV, PS3 and more) on your home WIFI network.

An active WIFI connection is required for the application to work.

Currently supports all devices running BlackBerry device OS5.0, OS6.0 and OS7.0.

Features supported:
    Browse images, play mp3 files from external Media Renderers (e.g. DLNA TV, Playstation 3 and more).

Supported file formats by the app: JPG, MP3.

***Currently Tested with****
    Panasonic Viera LCD TV
    Playstation 3
    00stryder likes this.
    02-20-12 08:04 AM
    I tested it on a Samsung LCD TV using the TV's DLNA app (Allshare); it could see the phone and the folders where my music and pictures are stored but was unable to play anything indicating that it was an "unsupported media format". All the music is .mp3. I'm not sure if it's the app or if its the TV. Ill do some more investigation later today after work.

Still have to test a Playstation3.

Oh, and I'm using a 9780.
    02-20-12 10:03 AM
    I tested it on a Samsung LCD TV using the TV's DLNA app (Allshare); it could see the phone and the folders where my music and pictures are stored but was unable to play anything indicating that it was an "unsupported media format". All the music is .mp3. I'm not sure if it's the app or if its the TV. Ill do some more investigation later today after work.

Still have to test a Playstation3.

Oh, and I'm using a 9780.
    Make sure your TV is looking for the right files. With DLNA already integrated in OS 7.1, I was surprised when PS3 pick up the phone and all the folders in there but with an error message "no files found". Then I realized I was in video section of PS3. I moved to Music section of PS3 and all the files were listed including the ring tones. I had to move to the photos section to view the photos on PS3.

So when you are on DLNA, you have to make sure the receiving end is looking for the right files.
    02-20-12 08:33 PM
    Will this application eventually work with Windows 7 Media Player?
    03-01-12 07:19 AM
    Hello. I use ArkMC application on my iOS devices https://itunes.apple.com/no/app/medi...6887?at=10l3Vy
    It work good.
    12-24-12 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD