I would Love to test This....
    05-11-09 12:58 AM
    i would love to try this ill give feedback thanks
    05-11-09 03:03 AM
    if there is any more room, I can help with testing as well!
    05-11-09 05:43 AM
    If I'm not late, I would love to try this out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 08:16 AM
    so far i love everything about the program, i thought having a convenience key would be better but after using the program more i think its perfect as is.

i am looking forward to the next beta version as well.
    05-11-09 09:13 AM
    I would like to try this out as well.

Thanks
    05-11-09 09:43 AM
    pretty please with sugar on top....i want to try this.....
    05-11-09 10:12 AM
    issues with StopTilt .91:

Doesn't enable:
    Viigo. MeterBerry. BerryWeather (True for most 3rd party apps..?) Options.

When re-enabled from anywhere, the orientation must be changed from whichever orientation is being used to get it working again. See example below..

Orienation Ex. if locked in portrait and holding bbstorm in landscape left, must turn portrait or other landscape right to get orientation to go from portrait to portrait or from portrait to landscape right, then change again for landscape left.

Other Notes:
    Would it also be possible to permanently select applications that you would like to see in certain views (portrait or landscape)?
    Quoting ny storm, i also believe that a mini-options gui that would allow us to choose one of the open applications (see quicklaunch) to always allow tiltLock to lock it's position in to Portrait or Landscape would make StopTilt a much more useful/handy app!!

Worked in: (Everytime (disable...) has turned to (enable...) StopTilt has worked correctly!)
    Clock, Calendar, Messages, Options, Browser, home screen (THANK YOU !), calling
    Last edited by eSteve_UofA; 05-11-09 at 10:19 AM.
    05-11-09 10:13 AM
    Aww man...I would gladly pay for this app...I would happy just to keep the home screen is in portrait mode. Just in case you are feeling generous here's my email [email protected]. Thanks
    05-11-09 10:24 AM
    can i try awledbetter78@ vzw.blackberry.net
    05-11-09 11:05 PM
    I will try this, at times the rotation is good and most times it is not
    05-12-09 12:12 AM
    There is a newer version that I found on mobihand.com:

StopTilt: Disable Auto Rotation on Storm - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

The only change I have noticed so far is that for native applications, the option has been moved to the top. Still does not seem to work on 3rd party apps.
    05-12-09 08:11 AM
    Hi All,
    Developing on the feedback of pvt beta team we are glad to release an updated version 1.0 of Stop Tilt. Some of the requested features like forcing an app to default to a "pre-defined orientation" is not technically possible, hence we have moved the Disable/Enable Auto-Rotation menuitem to the top for easier access.

Also, with this the product is now open to public to try their hands on. It is a first of its kind app and we hope to continue further development on this and many other innovative apps.

Pvt beta users - Thank you for all your efforts, feedback, comments and suggestions. Please PM me your device PINs so that I can send you a free complimentary copy (just a small note of thanks ) I hope to have you guys again on-board sometime soon.

For everyone else - StopTilt is available at a deep-discounted price till May 18th! Try it!

Regards,
    Ani.
    05-12-09 08:19 AM
    There is a newer version that I found on mobihand.com:

StopTilt: Disable Auto Rotation on Storm - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

The only change I have noticed so far is that for native applications, the option has been moved to the top. Still does not seem to work on 3rd party apps.
    You beat me to that!

The idea of this app sprang from a desire to restrict the arbitrary / random jumps of Homescreen I would often experience on one our test devices (storm).. then it expanded to include few other native blackberry apps like Browser, Phone etc.

3rd party apps cannot be controlled - authors of 3rd party apps will need to implement it themself.

Best,
    Ani.
    05-12-09 08:24 AM
    You beat me to that!

The idea of this app sprang from a desire to restrict the arbitrary / random jumps of Homescreen I would often experience on one our test devices (storm).. then it expanded to include few other native blackberry apps like Browser, Phone etc.

3rd party apps cannot be controlled - authors of 3rd party apps will need to implement it themself.

Best,
    Ani.
    LOL I didn't mean to steal your thunder - I was just doing a search for your product because I think word has to be spread about it. I absolutely love this application. I was searching for a way to do this for so long that I started trying to code it myself, but you guys have made things so much easier. Even though I was part of the private beta, I will wait until after the 18th to purchase because I think it's worth every penny. I'm going to start another thread for you in the OS discussion because I don't think enough people realize that your app is out there or even possible.

I suspected that the option could not control third party applications, but I'm hoping that as this gains popularity, some of the bigger guys like google will implement it in future releases. Thanks for the update and keep up the great work, ani!
    05-12-09 09:08 AM
    Hi All,
    Developing on the feedback of pvt beta team we are glad to release an updated version 1.0 of Stop Tilt. Some of the requested features like forcing an app to default to a "pre-defined orientation" is not technically possible, hence we have moved the Disable/Enable Auto-Rotation menuitem to the top for easier access.

Also, with this the product is now open to public to try their hands on. It is a first of its kind app and we hope to continue further development on this and many other innovative apps.

Pvt beta users - Thank you for all your efforts, feedback, comments and suggestions. Please PM me your device PINs so that I can send you a free complimentary copy (just a small note of thanks ) I hope to have you guys again on-board sometime soon.

For everyone else - StopTilt is available at a deep-discounted price till May 18th! Try it!

Regards,
    Ani.

How long is the trial period?
    05-12-09 11:58 AM
    Hi,

I bought the latest version and noticed something:
    Calendar and Contacts - it changes back to Enable AutoRotation when you leave the app and go back into it.

Thanks.
    05-12-09 12:02 PM
    Am I to late to get in on this?
    05-12-09 12:05 PM
    Ani,

Thanks for this app - its great and really fills in for a missing OS option.

Couple of possible enhancements:
    o Since 3rd party apps can't be controlled, could the Disable Auto Rotation menu entry be removed from them?
    o I would really like to disable rotation for the Lock screen as well. Can this be made to follow the home screen setting?

Thanks again!
    05-12-09 12:59 PM
    Another thing I noticed, is when you have the storm in landscape and with the hard button on the right side, if you have it locked in portrait, and push your convenience key for quicklaunch, it will break the lock and go into landscape mode.
    05-12-09 01:11 PM
    Another thing I noticed, is when you have the storm in landscape and with the hard button on the right side, if you have it locked in portrait, and push your convenience key for quicklaunch, it will break the lock and go into landscape mode.
    I don't think the developers can do anything about that. If you bring up the dial pad (which RIM locked in portrait) and hold the phone in landscape, and then hit a convenience key to bring up quicklaunch, it will do the same thing. It's a bug in the OS.
    05-12-09 01:17 PM
    I would be interested, for sure! Count me in....
    05-12-09 01:22 PM
    I have heard that settings do not last after a battery pull.

For those of us that schedule Quicklaunch on a nightly basis.....will there be a fix for this, in future releases?

EDIT: I'm opening to testing
    05-12-09 01:25 PM
    I don't think the developers can do anything about that. If you bring up the dial pad (which RIM locked in portrait) and hold the phone in landscape, and then hit a convenience key to bring up quicklaunch, it will do the same thing. It's a bug in the OS.
    Well, if you have it in landscape with the hard keys on the left side, with it locked in portrait, and hit your convenience key for quicklaunch, it keeps it locked in portrait still..only when u have the hard keys on the right side.
    05-12-09 01:31 PM
    @ ani, i just pm'd you. the buy now does not work on your website. i get an "error in processing" page. thanks
    05-12-09 01:39 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD