Hi, I noticed one nice little feature with Google Maps. If you driving with the application turned on the cell phone will not dim backlight as long as you drive. even if you have to stop it will dim lights but will turn it on as you star moving again. It has been working fine for few days and all of a sudden stopped for some unknown reason. Anyone know how I can fix that?
    Thanks in advance!
    09-19-09 07:56 AM
    Hm, never noticed that..
    09-19-09 07:59 AM
    I know what you're talking about, but I don't know how/why it works. Mine is hit and miss. Works great for a while, stops, then works again later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:47 AM
    This feature only works when you select the "My Location" option where the maps centres on you and with GPS mode switched on so your location is more precise.

When you start to move, the google map application keeps your location on the centre of the screen and refreshes as you move. If you are stationary for a short while then the screen will dim, but if you do not move or touch the phone (i.e. as in move the track ball or click the keys) for a long while, then the screen will switch off and go into standby mode. I hope this answers your question.
    Last edited by AceCK88; 09-19-09 at 11:06 AM.
    09-19-09 11:00 AM
    My backlight stays on when I have a route programmed, but just with My Location on, the phone will dim and go dark. Turning back on while moving sounds pretty cool but that hasnt happened for me.
    09-19-09 04:40 PM
    Thanks everyone for your input!
    It started working again today (with my location selected). But I did change one thing. In BB Maps options there is an option "dim lights if battery level is below" or something like that and you can choose 100%, 75%, 50% and 25%. By default is was at 100%, I changed it to 25% and it seems to be working for both BB Maps and Google maps.
    09-19-09 06:03 PM
    cool find..thanks

tcamshafter
    09-19-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD