I have been searching for a good answer overhere but I have still no good answer..

I want to buy a weather App with good looking UI. I have been thinking about BerryWeather..
    Now I see that it is for Sale, I wanted to buy it..but I mentioned SimpleWeather today too..it's cheaper I see!

But what are the differences, in my case, I want a nice UI (good looking icons, easy to configure), constantly updated weatherconditions on my homescreen..It has to cover my city (Utrecht, Netherlands, Europe)..
    It must not have that big cappacity of my memory, especially NO Memory LEAK!

Can you guys tell me which one to buy so I will be satisfied?!

Thanks in advance
    12-26-09 06:56 AM
    Its a matter of preference. Berryweather is what I use, it works fine. You can change the background image, you can add a custom radar to it. I like berryweather and have referenced 4 people to it and they love it. It is on sale now, so if you are going to do it, do it before the 1st.

berryweather also has a free trial, so try it out and see if it would work for you. The sale price is a good price, dont let it get by you.

simpleweather, seems like it is coming around, and starting to be a good program. They should really offer a free trial so people could compare. I tend to buy the ones that offer free trials since they let me try it first. It gets old buying apps that you dont like and end up deleting. So anymore, I tend to walk away when there is no free trials.

Also on berryweather, if you use berrypopup, you will get a popup alert for weather alerts.

on simpleweather, if you use berryslider, simpleweather will be seen on the lock page.

But since berrryweather has a free trial, you might as well try it out. Berrypopup has a free trial also.
    12-26-09 07:44 AM
    Is it also possible to have icon on the background homescreen with SimpleWeather?
    12-26-09 08:13 AM
    SimpleWeather

BerryWeather

This should answer most of your questions. Oh and don't forget to read the reviews.
    Last edited by Dubbin1; 12-26-09 at 08:37 AM.
    12-26-09 08:35 AM
    When I boot with Berryweather I have 33MB Free Space to applications.

12 hours later I have 14.2 MB free.

If I boot without weatherberry I can run for more than 4 days and not lose but about 5-10 MB total.

With Weatherberry I loose 10-15-20 MB in a day and have to reboot daily.

And it is not normally a slow drain but a quick loss of 8-10 MB all at once and usually when it is just idle and the screen is off.

I am on v5.0.0.419 and Weatherberry 2.0.65 These numbers are for today. I booted at 2:30 AM and it is now 2:30 PM 12 hours later and a loss of 29MB.

So be careful on the Storm with weatherberry if memory is an issue for you.
    01-23-10 04:37 PM
    01-23-10 04:41 PM
    BerryWeather gets my vote.
    01-23-10 04:47 PM
    I just loaded the new Berryweather beta.

The load went well and i like that you can now backup your settings and radar urls.

I had lots of isssues with getting exceptions and also it not saving my new radar settings with this beta. I would enter a new URL and name and it would take and I could run it but then if I went to enter another one it would get the exception in the middle of entering it. I have to go in and out using the BB key to cut and paste from a Memo I keep with the URLs. So each one took about 2 tries to get them entered.

But once they were there then you could run them and back then up.

I just rebooted to check memory and will let it run a while or a day and see what ti does for memory as i had real issues with the released version as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Booted with 29.79 MB free

I am hoping this one is much better as they say it is suppose to address memory leaks and not run in the background so much.

We will see. Fingers are crossed. Wish I did not pay the $12 for the released product, the beta is free and may actually work better.
    01-23-10 06:46 PM
    BerryWeather is the best weather app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 06:51 PM
    There both good apps but simpleweather is only us and maybe Canada right now. Berryweather covers world wide

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 07:54 PM
    SimpleWeather is now worldwide support. I believe that both Weather Programs are using the same Weather source. Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground

I personally use SimpleWeather and love it, and have not used BerryWeather so I can't compare the two.
    01-23-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD