The dictionary.com app always auto-launches when I reboot my 9700. It drives me crazy. I had the same app on my 8520 and this never happened.

Any ideas on how I can make this stop? (there are no options/settings in the app itself for this)
    07-07-10 02:50 AM
    That is odd.

If I run Dictionary.com and do not close it correctly (Menu, Close) then it stays running but I just re-booted my phone to check and Dictionary.com did not autolaunch. It is not running after my re-boot.

I checked in Options, Dictionary.com and the only option available was Shake.
    07-07-10 04:09 AM
    Check to see if you have the latest version which is 1.1.
    Find it here...
    BlackBerry App World - Dictionary and Thesaurus - Dictionary com

It should not autostart with this version, and it should also close itself out when pressing the escape key and not run in the back round.

Also that "Shake" feature mentioned was recently implemented with this Storm compatible version.
    The autostart feature was part of release 1.0.26, and was disabled again with this update due to user feedback (I was one of them).

HTH
    Brad
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 07-07-10 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Spell check.
    07-07-10 05:06 AM
    NIce post, Brad. I knew absolutely NONE of what you said. Thanks.
    07-07-10 07:39 AM
    + 1 on the nice post statement. I have been wondering how to disable that for that longest time, never thought to look for an update.
    07-07-10 09:50 AM
    As a side effect of the bing replacing Google as a Browser search link on new verizon devices, on my new Bold, you can change to Dictionary.com as the search in place of bing. You cannot make it google but Dictionary.com and wiki are the other two options.
    07-07-10 10:45 AM
    As a side effect of the bing replacing Google as a Browser search link on new verizon devices, on my new Bold, you can change to Dictionary.com as the search in place of bing. You cannot make it google but Dictionary.com and wiki are the other two options.
    That is close to unbelievable that Verizon would actually bar the Google search engine but allow Wikipedia and Dictionary as alternates to Bing.

So much for free choice.
    07-07-10 11:10 AM
    That is close to unbelievable that Verizon would actually bar the Google search engine but allow Wikipedia and Dictionary as alternates to Bing.

So much for free choice.
    I agree. On T-Mo I have Yahoo, Google, Live Search, Wiki, and Dictionary.com for native browser searches. I set mine to Google. .
    What's up with Verizon?!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 11:21 AM
    I agree. On T-Mo I have Yahoo, Google, Live Search, Wiki, and Dictionary.com for native browser searches. I set mine to Google. .
    What's up with Verizon?!?!

Oh, they have been paid by Microsoft to put up Bing as the default search engine choice and now we hear that Google may not be selected under any circumstances. I gues that waseven more $ changing hands.

I like Microsoft and their products but I prefer Google as a search engine. I really do not like my freedom to choose being narrowed at all. I shall voluntarily narrow my own choce by not choosing Verizon.
    07-07-10 11:28 AM
    I like Microsoft and their products but I prefer Google as a search engine. I really do not like my freedom to choose being narrowed at all. I shall voluntarily narrow my own choce by not choosing Verizon.
    +1. X1000! A good post yourself... Ha Ha.

07-07-10 11:35 AM
    Yeah that would def grind my gears if Verizon chose for me lol.
    07-07-10 11:45 AM
    I'm currently running 1.0.26 and will upgrade right now.

thank you!
    07-08-10 04:27 AM
    I'm currently running 1.0.26 and will upgrade right now.

thank you!
    NP. Enjoy.
    07-08-10 07:43 AM
    Any place to get the updated version besides appworld?

07-09-10 05:10 AM
    Had the same problem with Dictionary.com auto starting. Upgraded to version 1.1, problem fixed. Thanks all!
    08-05-10 07:03 AM
    Since I refuse to run app world, it looks like I'm stuck with 1.0.26.

Dictionary.com doesn't have 1.1.

08-05-10 07:09 AM
    I have 1.1 on my bold 9650 and it auto starts as well. I just have to remember to close it.
    08-05-10 07:59 AM
    Anyone have the cod file for v1.1. Doesn't seem like app world lets Bold 9650 users grab it. This auto-start is ridiculous.
    08-05-10 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD