I am looking for a dictation app like dragon or something for my torch 9810. I want to be able to speak emails, text, etc.
    Thanks!
    12-14-11 12:35 PM
    I'd say Vlingo would be worth a shot! Grab it while its on App World for free!
    12-14-11 01:02 PM
    Vlingo is nice if you can get it to work the right way.
    12-14-11 10:15 PM
    Vlingo is nice if you can get it to work the right way.
    Works fine on mine. As a matter of fact, I had several people impressed when I used it to open the camera at a Christmas party last night.

One note: It doesn't always "hear" well. There will be times editing is needed. And it seems to vary as to what's required to paste text in. BBM seemed to require several steps. SMS was a one step paste. Evernote was direct input, no paste needed. But you still need to manually move from title line to main text.
    Last edited by kraski; 12-15-11 at 12:11 AM.
    12-14-11 11:53 PM
    Works fine on mine. As a matter of fact, I had several people impressed when I used it to open the camera at a Christmas party last night.

One note: It doesn't always "hear" well. There will be times editing is needed. And it seems to vary as to what's required to paste text in. BBM seemed to require several steps. SMS was a one step paste. Evernote was direct input, no paste needed. But you still need to manually move from title line to main text.
    It works but doesn't read my contacts names as incoming text are being read. It only reads the number of the texter.
    12-15-11 10:44 PM
    It works but doesn't read my contacts names as incoming text are being read. It only reads the number of the texter.
    Katie was looking for a way to dictate input. Yes, if you read the older thread specific to Vlingo, that seems to be a Vlingo/OS7 issue with both incoming phone calls and incoming SMS. But, if she's only looking for the ability to dictate, the audio reading of incoming texts and call source can be turned off.
    12-16-11 12:26 AM
    Dragon is in App World!
    12-16-11 12:55 AM
    Dragon is in App World!
    But doesn't appear to support OS7 devices. Per their website.
    12-16-11 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD