I understand that IF they are in my Calendar. However, they are in my CONTACTS and I have MANY contacts and MANY dates I need to remeber.

Placing them in the calendar isn't going to happen... I suppose I may need to look at another software desgined to move them from my Contacts in to my Calendar :|
    11-30-10 07:58 AM
    I understand that IF they are in my Calendar. However, they are in my CONTACTS and I have MANY contacts and MANY dates I need to remeber.

Placing them in the calendar isn't going to happen... I suppose I may need to look at another software desgined to move them from my Contacts in to my Calendar :|
    deToday only polls info from your calendar. I do not believe that there is any app that will poll specific info from your contact list.
    (I don't know how many birthdays/anniversaries you need to keep track of but it is a one-time job to enter them onto your calendar, as long as you mark them "recurring".)
    11-30-10 08:13 AM
    deToday only polls info from your calendar. I do not believe that there is any app that will poll specific info from your contact list.
    (I don't know how many birthdays/anniversaries you need to keep track of but it is a one-time job to enter them onto your calendar, as long as you mark them "recurring".)
    I have found a couple applications that will draw the Information from my Contacts and place them as Calendar events for me.

I miss my Windows Mobile...LOL
    11-30-10 08:19 AM
    Hello everybody !

Our experience is that Birthday & Anniversary Dates configured in Contacts application are automatically added as recurring events in Calendar application - for us it works the same way as desribed in this article:

FAQ: Add Birthday & Anniversary Dates To Contacts | BerryReview.com

We have tested this on several different devices / OS version and received similar results.

But the behavior observed by mcfz is different ... any ideas why ? Any hidden options that controls this ?

P.S. I will probably create a separate thread regarding this issue.
    12-01-10 11:23 PM
    I have found a couple applications that will draw the Information from my Contacts and place them as Calendar events for me.

I miss my Windows Mobile...LOL
    The calendar does this already (yes _ have read you previous posts within this thread).

What device and OS are you using?
    12-02-10 12:55 AM
    I am on a Torch 9800 with OS6
    12-02-10 09:55 AM
    I am on a Torch 9800 with OS6
    Working without any issues here on OS6.

IF you add a new "Bogus Contact" and assign a birthday to it, e.g. for tomorrow, you should automatically see it appear in the calendar as an all day event.

Does it appear in the calendar and app?
    12-02-10 02:02 PM
    All my contacts have the information stored in Lotus Notes. Then I sync that to the Blackberry.

This is just not making sense. Unless the ONLY WAY it works is you have the add the contacts on the BB itself :|
    12-02-10 02:20 PM
    I am correct, it works IF I add them on the BLACKBERRY but not if I sync them in from a PC? UGHHH
    12-02-10 02:25 PM
    All my contacts have the information stored in Lotus Notes. Then I sync that to the Blackberry.

This is just not making sense. Unless the ONLY WAY it works is you have the add the contacts on the BB itself :|
    ...and all the birthdays are displayed correctly within the contact's information on the BB itself?

I'm quite sure that I have some contacts sync'd from Outlook and they appear ok on BB. You could try exporting contacts to Outlook and restore all contacts from Outlook to BB (if you have some time on your hands).
    12-02-10 04:21 PM
    Not a bad idea... I am syncing from Lotus Notes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 08:57 PM

I am syncing from Lotus Notes.
    Do you sync only "Contacts" or both "Contacts" and "Calendar" ?
    12-02-10 11:47 PM
    Both contacts and calendar. I have way too many appoinments and dates to remeber I am unable to do it without a device lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 06:41 AM
113 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD