Just wondering if anyone here knows how to delete unused apps on a BB 8320. My original BB I got from T-Mobile was water damaged and I did an insurance claim and got a new BB from Asurion. I could delete any app I wanted to (even pre-installed) on the old phone. However, when I got the new one and went to delete apps such as AIM, Yahoo Messenger, etc. that I knew I would never use, in the menu list it does not even give me the option for deleting it on the new phone. So now with apps that I have installed, that I actually need and use on a daily basis, my device runs redicuously slow (hour glass is almost constantly on the screen)..........please help.
    02-27-10 09:56 AM
    There are several options. You will need the exact OS that is on your BB installed in Windows.

1. Use the Add/Remove under App Loader in DM.

2. Use Crackmem:http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

3. Follow the instruction in this thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

I have used the above without any problems.

You can also use BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife:BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) Beta | CrackBerry.com

I'm am less familiar with this program.
    02-27-10 10:04 AM
    What you are describing are service books from your carrier. You can not delete them, but you can create a "Junk Folder", copy them to the new folder, then hide the folder. Presto.... gone.

They are tiny, there is no cause for concern about their impact on memory.

You also mention slow response with frequent hour glass holds. The hour glass indicates a high priority task is being serviced. That is normal, but should only be noted infrequently.

The most common cause is a low memory condition. When you note the slow response, use Options / Status to check File Free memory. If the amount of free memory is less then 5 Mb, that explains your problem, frequent memory management.

The solution is simple, remove some of the memory consuming content. Themes are a huge drain on memory. If you can achieve 15+ Mb after a restart, you should see uninterupted service.
    02-27-10 10:12 AM
    go to options

then advanced options

then go to applications and delete them
    02-28-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD